• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes. You read that right. I want to plant some acorns for trees. Surely somebody can rake me up a 5 gallon bucket or so?

If prefer a white variety but a mixture will also do. Yep. I'm racist in the acorn department :)

Hamilton county or northern Marion.

Have lots of components in 9,40,45,44 mag, 223, 308 or many flavors of 22 to choose from. Let me know your interests and I'll tell you what I have.

Pic of primer selection to satisfy pic requirement

fjj37q.jpg

Last edited:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I try to avoid harvesting acorns off the ground. They are more susceptible to being damaged by insects. Right now, they are ready for harvesting directly from the trees. As long ad the caps come of easily, you are good to go.

I've got a hundred or so soaking in water right now. Tonight, I will put them in biodegradable containers and dampen the soil. Then they will go in my three season room till spring when they should start sprouting.

Good luck on your harvest.

If you're still looking come next Monday, i could possibly hook you up with some. Send me a pm towards the beginning of next week if you're still in need.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    my 7 year old is going out shortly to try to fill a small bucket of acorns for you. not sure what kind of oak tree it is but it has the acorn with the fuzzy hat. lol

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We have a giant oak in the front yard and it has been/was raining acorns for a while on the roof. I'll take a look and see what we have later. You'll have to deal with my son. ;-)

Top Bottom