• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Just some info on the above mentioned HSTs if you are a 10mm loader. They CAN be seated to 1.250" oal and longer before you get to the ogive or the expansion skiving.
    Here's one seated to 1.250".
    HST in 10mm.jpeg

Here's a shot to show the ogive. It's hard to capture with my phone, but the ogive is well above where the case rim will be.
    HST ogive.jpeg

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you're getting into 300BO, you should give serious consideration into reloading for it. Its a lot of fun and you can explore different corners of the 300 BO envelope. Ymmv. :ingo:
    i'm heavily into 300blk.

i have a buddy that is willing to teach me (the guy is an absolute genius). i need to clear up a few financial issues so i can move to a more "hospitable" location.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    i have ~300 brass

This might come in handy.
    Use 5.56x45mm brass and this jig you can trim them to size and just resize it in your full length sizing die and you have 300 blkout brass.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

This might come in handy.
    Use 5.56x45mm brass and this jig you can trim them to size and just resize it in your full length sizing die and you have 300 blkout brass.
    thanks!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you are ever down my way stop in and I'd show you my reloading set up.
    I use a lee classic 4 hole turret press. It's inexpensive and you can crank out around 200rds an hour maybe more.

$225 and IIRC $9 Shipping.

$37

$7

This will set you up all you'll need is primers powder brass and bullets for the 300 blackout.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you are ever down my way stop in and I'd show you my reloading set up.
    I use a lee classic 4 hole turret press. It's inexpensive and you can crank out around 200rds an hour maybe more.

$225 and IIRC $9 Shipping.

$37

$7

This will set you up all you'll need is primers powder brass and bullets for the 300 blackout.
    i will definitely take you up on the offer. i'm hoping to be moved by may.

that's pretty much the same setup that my buddy at the job recommended.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anybody know what is going on with Montana Gold? They never were that easy to get ahold of, but it has been way worse than usual lately

I heard one rumor that their source of brass/gilding metal sheeting had dried up but have not heard confirmation

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Anybody know what is going on with Montana Gold? They never were that easy to get ahold of, but it has been way worse than usual lately

I heard one rumor that their source of brass/gilding metal sheeting had dried up but have not heard confirmation

I was wondering the same thing, I have not seen ANYTHING in stock from them in a very long time. I keep several windows open & check things frequently on a daily basis.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I read that some time ago, I am skeptical that they are producing much or if they are retailing much. I bought some from them during the panic over 10 years ago when they were constantly out of stock but was able to catch it in stock a time or 2 per week. I have not found any in stock with them for a couple of years now.

I found & posted primers in stock, Zero bullets when they were in stock, among other things.

Montana Gold, ....crickets. zilch, nothing, nada.

Top Bottom