• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've got several of those.
    One I was really shocked about was a 338 Lapua Magnum. After cleaning and inspection of the brass I loaded them up. Well one case when seating the bullet cracked on me. I caught it immediately. It was educational in that it showed me a case can look fine and still split the neck after just the 3rd reload, and to always check each case before adding it to the box. It was quality brass HSM. The rest of the HSM have 6 reloads on them so far.
    I would have tossed them after the 4th reload normally.
    I anneal all rifle cases larger than 223 every other load, and some like 40-65 and 45-90 with BP every reload.
    With the split neck I would have tossed that lot.

Its hard to remember brass is a consumable, even more so when its 2 to $3.00 a case.
    JMHO

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is what happens when your kids come talk to you when you're in the middle of reloading some 357 mag ammo.

Used the powder/expanding die to seat the bullet. Didn't move the turret to the next spot when I should have. At least I didn't double charge it...

Zqu0EcD.jpg
    In the Bullseye heyday, some people, WIlson for one, Gil Heberd, etc offered 1911 pattern pistols converted to shoot .38spl. Because of case length, you could only use flush seated bullets.

Is that what you are loading for and you were really just testing us. <grin>

JMSnodgrass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Mar
    I've always reloaded one stage at a time, easy to stop and start when interrupted.
    Funny you should say that. I started out with a Hornady LnL AP. After messing up some of my first reloads I bought a Lee Breech Lock Single Stage press and a Hornady bullet puller die. Since then I have bought dies to de-prime, size, and re-prime on the Lee. Seems like I have fewer problems doing those steps on the Single Stage. Still use the LnL to charge, check (Powder Cop), bullet feed, seat and crimp. The first two stations on the LnL aren't getting much use now!

Top Bottom