• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    This is what happens when your kids come talk to you when you're in the middle of reloading some 357 mag ammo.

Used the powder/expanding die to seat the bullet. Didn't move the turret to the next spot when I should have. At least I didn't double charge it...

Zqu0EcD.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is what happens when your kids come talk to you when you're in the middle of reloading some 357 mag ammo.

Used the powder/expanding die to seat the bullet. Didn't move the turret to the next spot when I should have. At least I didn't double charge it...

Zqu0EcD.jpg
    Is that that there 'bullet setback' that folks are always talking' about?

I can see as how that might could increase pressures a bit ;)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As of today, the bullet is so far down the shell I haven't been able to get it pulled with a kinetic puller. Might just keep it as a trophy reminder to pay attention.
    I've got several of those.
    One I was really shocked about was a 338 Lapua Magnum. After cleaning and inspection of the brass I loaded them up. Well one case when seating the bullet cracked on me. I caught it immediately. It was educational in that it showed me a case can look fine and still split the neck after just the 3rd reload, and to always check each case before adding it to the box. It was quality brass HSM. The rest of the HSM have 6 reloads on them so far.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've got several of those.
    One I was really shocked about was a 338 Lapua Magnum. After cleaning and inspection of the brass I loaded them up. Well one case when seating the bullet cracked on me. I caught it immediately. It was educational in that it showed me a case can look fine and still split the neck after just the 3rd reload, and to always check each case before adding it to the box. It was quality brass HSM. The rest of the HSM have 6 reloads on them so far.
    Yeah I'm not a big reloader so far, but I've always heard after the 2nd or 3rd you have to really watch the brass. Esp with the magnum calibers like 338.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    High pressure rounds with shoulder at steep angles seem to be problematic but the most brass issues I have is with the lowly 22 hornet.

There are rounds that are hard on brass and there are brittle brass the hornet brass seems to be brittle.

Top Bottom