• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mstrmstr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Sir.. The Reising came with a TWELVE round magazine for civilian use Model 60 for commercial sales. Model 60's also were issued to military with 20 round magazines and still semi automatic. The Model 50 was the submachine gun and the model 55 was the paratrooper. Some had cuts compensators. Forgotten Weapons on YouTube has vids on mod 60 and 55..

SO the question is. Do you have a photo of his 50 round drum and gun ???

Last edited:

jimC2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    near Marysville
    Mine is the M50 with City of Pittsburgh on the stock. Troy at barrelxchange.com made the drums about 2008 and I don't think he makes them any more. Had to send a 20 round mag for each drum. Cost was about $350 for each drum. Keystone might be making them now. Go to machinegunboards.com for the newest info I've seen. I haven't taken any pictures and I'm in the middle of a move to Indiana so it might be a while before I can take any.

Last edited:

jimC2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    near Marysville
    With today's prices you did good. Some 20 round magazines would help. 10 round mags go empty awful fast. So do 20 round ones but you get the idea. I enjoy shooting in semi mode with this thing and it does make range time last longer. Never have shot anything but ball ammo so don't know about how it operates with hollow points. Did need to bend magazine lips a little to get it working right. Did the adjusting using semi mode and it seemed to work when I tried auto. Have only used synthetic oil since I got it. Don't know if that has helped or not, but it sure runs good and is easy to clean.

jimC2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    near Marysville
    Sounds like you are ready to go. Might take a little fiddling to get all your magazines to work right. It helps to have 1 or 2 that work right so you can see how they need to be shaped. I have 4 20 round magazines and 2 50 round drums.

jimC2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    near Marysville
    Seems like there aren't too many Reising owners on here. They seem to have a bad reputation. There are a lot of them that don't run full auto very well or not at all. Close tolerances and hand fitted parts aren't something military or older police departments handled well. Mixing parts with other guns and dirt are bad news for this gun.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Mine is the M50 with City of Pittsburgh on the stock. Troy at barrelxchange.com made the drums about 2008 and I don't think he makes them any more. Had to send a 20 round mag for each drum. Cost was about $350 for each drum. Keystone might be making them now. Go to machinegunboards.com for the newest info I've seen. I haven't taken any pictures and I'm in the middle of a move to Indiana so it might be a while before I can take any.
    I know Troy and he is a heck of a good guy. His other non-gun business really took off a couple of years ago and he has basically quit doing any gun-related work because he is so busy. All of the stuff he made is top-notch.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom