• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Given a nap with no name, what's the odds that any American can correctly point out the two?

latest

I named over a dozen of them.

We beat the ever living **** out of that green one in the middle.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I can infer that you have, based on your response?
    I am sure that some have honorable reasons to come here just as I am sure some don't. I am also fairly sure that those that don't have have been schooled in the correct responses to questions.
    No one has the whole answer, only assumptions, theories, and questions.
    Those that claim they know, just plain don't.
    Like everything in life, the answer is "somewhere in between."

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    For example, on Wednesday, 34 House Republicans and 14 GOP Senators stayed silent as GOP leader Mitch McConnell approved a massive, expensive, and open-ended inflow of Afghans into Americans’ homes and jobs. The Senators were:

• Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    • Richard Burr (R-NC)
    • Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
    • Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
    • Susan Collins (R-ME)
    • John Cornyn (R-TX)
    • Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
    • John Kennedy (R-LA)
    • Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
    • Mitt Romney (R-UT)
    • Mike Rounds (R-SD)
    • Richard Shelby (R-AL)
    • Thom Tillis (R-NC)
    • Todd Young (R-IN)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Okay, but close. Point still stands.
    Close? Not even. Almost 1,000 miles apart.

Edit: I didn't "read ahead" when I saw the original comment. It seems I'm not the only one who uses google. :oldwise:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 4.43.48 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 4.43.48 AM.png
      858.4 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Close? Not even. Almost 1,000 miles apart.

Edit: I didn't "read ahead" when I saw the original comment. It seems I'm not the only one who uses google. :oldwise:
    Close as in both eastern European former communist states. And the point still stands.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Except, it's not. Ukrainians are nothing like Slovenians.

Your equivalence is similar to saying Hoosiers are like Newfoundlanders. About the same distance.

Geography matters.

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I got a guy in my SS class that works at Atterbury.

All he has told me is the kids run into the streets chasing balls and he almost hits them everyday going to work.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I got a guy in my SS class that works at Atterbury.

All he has told me is the kids run into the streets chasing balls and he almost hits them everyday going to work.
    They are working on that problem. The kids (47% of those there) are attending a makeshift school taught by American teachers and they are learning about crosswalks and stop signs and what not. All the minor problems I saw were to be expected.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm guessin they will be well taken care of.
    Government contractor is offering $27/hr w/ lots of overtime (potential $3500/wk) for janitorial and cafeteria workers.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I'm guessin they will be well taken care of.
    Government contractor is offering $27/hr w/ lots of overtime (potential $3500/wk) for janitorial and cafeteria workers.
    Whatever happened to earning your keep?????????????????/ I guess it will be like the somalians never can get enough, always wanting more huh!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    The Indiana FFA camp shares a boundary with Camp Attabury. I emailed a secretary at the FFA camp and asked how it was there. She was clueless. So I was more specific concerning the population of people at Camp Attabury, she has not responded again. I will not take students there at this time, I will not go there at this time, it would be considered school grounds/school time so I cannot go armed. So I will not go. I do not advise any FFA Advisor to take any students there at this time of uncertainty.
    The FFA camp does not touch or share a boundary with Camp Atterbury. I lived in that area for almost 30 years. Indiana FFA center shares a boundary with the Bell Conservation Club and even that is a mile west of the western edge of Camp Atterbury and the Atterbury FWA.

Dirty Steve

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Whatever happened to earning your keep?????????????????/ I guess it will be like the somalians never can get enough, always wanting more huh!!!!!!!!!
    When I was a kid I remember driving past the VAin Danville Illinois and there would be a long line of residents pushing lawnmowers across the lawn. This would have been in the 1950's using "reel" type mowers. They discontinued this many years ago and they were veterans. Jim.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    The FFA camp does not touch or share a boundary with Camp Atterbury. I lived in that area for almost 30 years. Indiana FFA center shares a boundary with the Bell Conservation Club and even that is a mile west of the western edge of Camp Atterbury and the Atterbury FWA.

Dirty Steve
    I do not know factually where the boundaries are, was going off of what I was told as a high school student and then as a young ag teacher. If you are correct, please accept my apologies. I guess my intent of the message was, I would not place young kids that near epicenter of unknowns. I don't care if it was 12 miles apart.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Don't know if this fits here or not...

NPR this morning (WBOI 89.1) had a news piece on it about settling Afghan refugees in Muncie. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Top Bottom