• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I got an email from R. Michael Young, which in part, talked about meetings the public can attend because, he says, "The Indiana General Assembly is required to redraw Indiana's districts for the U.S. House of Representatives, the Indiana House of Representatives and Indiana Senate following the nationwide census every 10 years.".

I don`t recall ever having been told this before. Does anyone here know much about this process? Is there any chance that the districts might be redrawn in such a fashion that I LOSE that POS, andre carson as my U.S. Representative?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got an email from R. Michael Young, which in part, talked about meetings the public can attend because, he says, "The Indiana General Assembly is required to redraw Indiana's districts for the U.S. House of Representatives, the Indiana House of Representatives and Indiana Senate following the nationwide census every 10 years.".

I don`t recall ever having been told this before. Does anyone here know much about this process? Is there any chance that the districts might be redrawn in such a fashion that I LOSE that POS, andre carson as my U.S. Representative?
    I haven't heard that. IMHO, Andre Carson should represent Center Township, and nothing else. After all, that's where probably 90% of his constituents live. He sure as hell doesn't represent me, even though he's my "representative".

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I haven't heard that. IMHO, Andre Carson should represent Center Township, and nothing else. After all, that's where probably 90% of his constituents live. He sure as hell doesn't represent me, even though he's my "representative".
    In a perfect world, dre wouldn`t represent anyone. At least not anyone I know, he doesn`t understand or reflect my values for a second.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Andre Carson SHOULD NOT represent ANYONE in the United States of America. He has openly stated his commitment to a belief system that does not recognize our Constitutional system of government in any form. On top of that, he is a man of poor character and low integrity.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Andre Carson SHOULD NOT represent ANYONE in the United States of America. He has openly stated his commitment to a belief system that does not recognize our Constitutional system of government in any form. On top of that, he is a man of poor character and low integrity.
    And having said all that, he exemplifies the typical liberal in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Your appeals may not find a fertile ear, because it was the Republicans who gave you Carson in the first place. I don't know where you live, but having some knowledge of the area, I'll surmise you used to have Dan Burton as your GOP representative. His margin of victory had been slipping the last couple times he won re-election, because his district contained too much of South Indianapolis north of County Line and the GOP didn't want to have to spend money to protect him there. So in the 2010 redistricting cycle, the GOP created a safer district by shifting the center of mass of "their" district farther out. They had to draw the line somewhere. As a result, there was a group of mostly conservative south-siders who woke up one morning, and went from having a GOP representative, to being included in an intergenerational turd-district. It made the Carson district a little less-safe, but not by enough.

So the people you're thinking of appealing to, are basically the ones who did this to you.

Top Bottom