Recommended car restoration services? (rotisserie, paint)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Howdy guys. I picked up 2 eclectic cars recently and am looking to restore them. One of them is a low mileage classic car that only needs paint. I'm looking to see if you guys have a recommendation for painters and what price range I should expect. It's a 1996 Daihatsu midget 2, so it's about the size of a golf cart. Paint is really the only thing this car needs, as it only has 230Km on the clock!

The second car needs a lot more work. It's a 1995 toyota cab-over-engine work truck. It needs to be reupholstered, as well as paint. The big deal with the truck is that it probably needs a frame-off or rotisserie-style restoration to get rid of rust. The rust isn't terrible, but this truck has been used and I'd like to build it from the ground up as a part-utility-part-overlanding truck. The paint on this truck isn't as important, and it doesn't need to be concours ready, but I'd like to get rid of all of the rust and get the frame coated/painted.

Any tips are welcome. I'll get some more pictures of both of them soon.

Attachments

• 20221124_131700.jpg
      20221124_131700.jpg
      723.5 KB · Views: 16
    • 20221124_131725.jpg
      20221124_131725.jpg
      685 KB · Views: 16

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Howdy guys. I picked up 2 eclectic cars recently and am looking to restore them. One of them is a low mileage classic car that only needs paint. I'm looking to see if you guys have a recommendation for painters and what price range I should expect. It's a 1996 Daihatsu midget 2, so it's about the size of a golf cart. Paint is really the only thing this car needs, as it only has 230Km on the clock!

The second car needs a lot more work. It's a 1995 toyota cab-over-engine work truck. It needs to be reupholstered, as well as paint. The big deal with the truck is that it probably needs a frame-off or rotisserie-style restoration to get rid of rust. The rust isn't terrible, but this truck has been used and I'd like to build it from the ground up as a part-utility-part-overlanding truck. The paint on this truck isn't as important, and it doesn't need to be concours ready, but I'd like to get rid of all of the rust and get the frame coated/painted.

Any tips are welcome. I'll get some more pictures of both of them soon.
    You might contact @AllenM . He owns Diamond Collision and is a site advertiser/supporter.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    I messaged Allen and he does mostly newer car collision repairs. He said that he'd be willing to offer advice though, so that's awesome. Do you guys have any recommendations as far as paint goes? That's all the black one really needs.

As far as the larger one goes... Is there anywhere that offers lessons or classes in body or frame restoration, so I could do it myself?

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    As far as the larger one goes... Is there anywhere that offers lessons or classes in body or frame restoration, so I could do it myself?
    I've started doing one myself in my garage. I have been watching many youtube videos from different people and have learned a lot, but I have basic knowledge to start with. I'm pulling one panel at a time off and finishing it down then priming it. It's a process but am enjoying doing it
    As far as equipment to do it, the best place I have found for hobbiests is
    eastwood.com Their prices are good compared to other places and quality has been pretty good so far. I have bought paint guns, sanders, welders and all kinds of other stuff from them.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    There is a guy floating around on FB, Rob Hawk in Fort Wayne. I do not have a number for him, you will have to look him up. Last I knew he worked for Hunter Auto Body in Fort Wayne, I would start there.

He did a buddy's car years ago and he did an amazing job.

Paint is expensive. A couple years ago I was looking at getting one of my 69 Chargers repainted. . . $20K with basically no body work needed.

If you have deep pockets, Jason at Big Hemi is your guy. I have known him since high school, he does amazing work, but is not cheep.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom