• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I'm going to be getting a piston driven upper that doesn't require a buffer/spring, so I'd like to utilize a folding stock. From what I've gathered, I could only find the LAW Tactical folding stock adapter, the US Machinegun Folding stock adapter, and possibly an ACE folding stock adapter. The LAW Tactical one looks super solid, but it runs $200. That seems like an awful lot for just a little bit on hinged metal. The US Machinegun adapter is only $40, but from the youtube videos i've seen, it looks pretty flimsy with a lot of up and down play/wobble. The ACE folding stock adapter, I am kind of unsure about. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I can't figure out exactly what I need to just screw my UBR on one end and the other into my lower. Are those adapters as solid as the LAW Tactical ones? Any other adapters that I'm missing?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    A lot of time has passed since this thread was active but it has relevant info to what I was going to ask.
    I'm considering a folding stock adapter.
    1) Are there ones to avoid? All the same?
    2) What's the trade off or risk to having one? (Affect reliability?)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    A lot of time has passed since this thread was active but it has relevant info to what I was going to ask.
    The LAW is the only one I'd buy personally.

The down side is you are adding more parts and a hinge to a rifle that wasn't designed for one.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I ordered one of the cheap, $46 delivered, no name adaptors that pop up from time to time in the ads. It took two months to arrive from China but seems like a decent piece of kit. I haven’t decided what rifle/pistol to put it on yet but I’ll get to it someday.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Doc just get an AK side folder and be done with it….ya know ya want to

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a Sylvan Arms adapter. It seems fine, but it doesn't lock up as tight as I hear the Law does.

I got it to make a 10" pistol build small enough to put in a back pack. It does fit, barely, but I still have concern about the little wobble.

Haven't gone back out to finish sighting in the RDS and the back up irons so I put my 4.5" .22lr upper on it. It does fine with that, especially since I don't have to close it to use the gun.

Top Bottom