• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bashMOH

Hawaiian Pizza
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Daviess county
    You have to have your LTCH in Indiana in order to carry in other states, correct? Even if that state has constitutional carry? From what I've looked up that seemed to be the case, but wanted to check here too

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You have to have your LTCH in Indiana in order to carry in other states, correct? Even if that state has constitutional carry? From what I've looked up that seemed to be the case, but wanted to check here too
    To my knowledge. (Not a lawyer) states that “honor” Indiana’s license honor just that the license. If a state has constitutional carry I believe that applies to any law abiding proper person within their borders. Even if from another state.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    To my knowledge. (Not a lawyer) states that “honor” Indiana’s license honor just that the license. If a state has constitutional carry I believe that applies to any law abiding proper person within their borders. Even if from another state.
    In general permitless states recognize the right of all citizens to carry without a permit. Only North Dakota restricts it to its residents only.

"Note: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa,
    Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire,
    Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West
    Virginia and Wyoming have "Permitless Carry". Anyone who can legally
    possess a firearm may carry in these states without a Permit/License.
    Check each states page for age and other restrictions that may apply.
    North Dakota has “Permitless Carry” for their Residents only".

green46105

Gun enthusiast, gun collector, lover of firearms
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2023
    greencastle indiana
    the north east is the democratic hell hole of gun rights. Illinois is the test subject to see if they can pass that trash in the midwest. California is the lets get communism into the US state.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    the north east is the democratic hell hole of gun rights. Illinois is the test subject to see if they can pass that trash in the midwest. California is the lets get communism into the US state.
    Maryland is worse than the north east.
    And i'll include worse than Illinois and Cali..

green46105

Gun enthusiast, gun collector, lover of firearms
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2023
    greencastle indiana
    im glad i found this thread today. It brought me into reviewing carry laws for a few states i travel too which admittedly to my shame it has been awhile since i have reviewed them. but it does beg the question which i have wondered about for awhile now. if you are assaulted in a state that refuses you to carry your hand gun would you have a a basis to sue that state based off the 2nd amendment to the constitution of the united states. That being they infringed on your right to own and carry fire arms in their state.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    A garrote!

Where have you been?!?!

There are?......Please speak of these magical means of protection!!
    Depending upon the individuals involved and the situation, there are many: knife, fists, feet, club, rock, slingshot, bow and arrow, hatchet, vehicle, hammer, screwdriver, rake, shovel, long pole, and several more.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nope! I just checked handgunlaw.us which is my go to site and Mass does not honor any other states license. It will issue a non-resident permit that you must apply for in person. Jim.
    I'm guessing that doing so would be a fool's errand.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Same reason I take a firearm everywhere else???
    There's just someplace you have pull your pants up and accept it. E.g. almost every other country.

There's a certain irony with with us - "I refuse to live in fear! I carry!!!" also, "I refuse to go to there, because I can't have a gun to protect myself!" Seems like replacing one fear with another.

Don't stop fighting for freedom, but sometimes you just have to accept some risk to enjoy life.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    There's just someplace you have pull your pants up and accept it. E.g. almost every other country.

There's a certain irony with with us - "I refuse to live in fear! I carry!!!" also, "I refuse to go to there, because I can't have a gun to protect myself!" Seems like replacing one fear with another.

Don't stop fighting for freedom, but sometimes you just have to accept some risk to enjoy life.

IMG_0680.PNG

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Depending upon the individuals involved and the situation, there are many: knife, fists, feet, club, rock, slingshot, bow and arrow, hatchet, vehicle, hammer, screwdriver, rake, shovel, long pole, and several more.
    When I was a chaparone for my two son's trip to Washington, DC in 2021, I knew I could not carry a firearm into Washington DC, much less on a bus trip with middle-school aged students.
    I looked up DC's 'allowances' for a non-resident and then picked up a few items that was 'approved' by DC...including two (2) SABRE pocket-sized pepper spray's, a new pocket knife that also met their 'approval' (blade not to exceed 2.75" in length on the cutting edge) and got a Cold Steel polymer 'walking stick' and fitted the bottom end with a rubber crutch tip as an 'anti-skid' device. The Walk-About walking stick was a handy thing to have along...

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012

Fear? I “fear” this thread is taking a turn ….

If it is “fearful” for me to inquire about carrying the best tool for the job (protecting my family) then so be it. I am not saying I will not go on this trip because I am afraid I am simply looking to have the best tool I can for protection. I think that is responsibility not fear.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    When I was a chaparone for my two son's trip to Washington, DC in 2021, I knew I could not carry a firearm into Washington DC, much less on a bus trip with middle-school aged students.
    I looked up DC's 'allowances' for a non-resident and then picked up a few items that was 'approved' by DC...including two (2) SABRE pocket-sized pepper spray's, a new pocket knife that also met their 'approval' (blade not to exceed 2.75" in length on the cutting edge) and got a Cold Steel polymer 'walking stick' and fitted the bottom end with a rubber crutch tip as an 'anti-skid' device. The Walk-About walking stick was a handy thing to have along...

Likely the route I will take. Similar to the “Chicago carry”

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Well, the Bruen decision opens up a few interesting possibilities. As stated by many above, there are 9 states (and several territories & 1 district) who do not accept any license other than their own. In these states, you cannot legally carry unless you get an in-state license. Unsurprisingly, these 9 states are ones where licenses were "may issue" and were generally not issued to "normal" citizens. (Although results varied, especially in RI and some parts of NY & CA). Most of these states have the ability to issue licenses to non-residents, although historically they just wouldn't do so except in exceptional circumstances. But post-Bruen, they are now (at least in theory) shall-issue. So there is a process available to get a non-resident license in these restrictive states.

The downside is that it is purposely a very annoying and difficult process, and at least for now, even a valid carry license is worthless in NY (with NJ, CA, HI and others also trying similar games to make a permit worthless by marking virtually the entire state as a "prohibited place.)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Gnarwhale tusk, don’t forget the
    Narwhale tusk!!, don’t forget the Narwhale tusk….

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Fear? I “fear” this thread is taking a turn ….

If it is “fearful” for me to inquire about carrying the best tool for the job (protecting my family) then so be it. I am not saying I will not go on this trip because I am afraid I am simply looking to have the best tool I can for protection. I think that is responsibility not fear.
    Sorry, I wasn't necessarily commenting on you specifically.

Always do the best you can.

Top Bottom