• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    It seems to do the trick taking care of the Iguana problem in my backyard. I really like the 10 round magazine. Its much easier that loading each round like I had to do with my 177 caliber rifle.

Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Do/have you ever eaten an iguana? Just curious. I've owned a couple as pets in IN. Never thought of eating one until I saw one cooked on a rotisserie in FL.
    I'm pretty sure a pumpmaster 770 would dispatch in iguana with good aim. I've notched rabbit, squirrel and maybe/maybe not a racoon.

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Never eaten Iguana. I asked the wife about it and she said your not cooking that on MY grill! LOL.
    I've seen video's of people making a stew out of them and they said they were tasty. I think they are nasty creatures so I seriously doubt I'll ever attempt to eat one. I live on a lake and have dispatched over 65 of them in 1.5 years. I really don't enjoy killing them but they are destructive to my seawall and plants. Their feces contain salmonella which is not a good thing for my dog to get a hold of! Its a rare occasion to see one in my backyard nowadays!

Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Never eaten Iguana. I asked the wife about it and she said your not cooking that on MY grill! LOL.
    I've seen video's of people making a stew out of them and they said they were tasty. I think they are nasty creatures so I seriously doubt I'll ever attempt to eat one. I live on a lake and have dispatched over 65 of them in 1.5 years. I really don't enjoy killing them but they are destructive to my seawall and plants. Their feces contain salmonella which is not a good thing for my dog to get a hold of! Its a rare occasion to see one in my backyard nowadays!
    My wife has the same opinion about most animals. If it's not harvested from Kroger's meat department, she's reluctant to like it even if it taste good. I never considered the scale one might face in FL. 65 in 18 months suggest a true nuisance.

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    My wife has the same opinion about most animals. If it's not harvested from Kroger's meat department, she's reluctant to like it even if it taste good. I never considered the scale one might face in FL. 65 in 18 months suggest a true nuisance.
    If you drive by the main roads near large canals there are hundreds everywhere. I read one female can lay 600 eggs!

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Yes its worse. We are hoping for a cold snap not enough to damage the citrus trees but to kill off a lot of the Iguana population. Years back we had a nice cold snap and a few days later I was down by the lake and smelled something dead. I looked up in my large palm tree to see a dead black Iguana laying across on the the fronds. One can only hope!

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yes its worse. We are hoping for a cold snap not enough to damage the citrus trees but to kill off a lot of the Iguana population. Years back we had a nice cold snap and a few days later I was down by the lake and smelled something dead. I looked up in my large palm tree to see a dead black Iguana laying across on the the fronds. One can only hope!
    Oh yuck… I’d blast every one I see and just throw it in the lake and let the scavengers take care of it. No stink that way.

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    They call Iguana "chicken in the tree". South American countries the locals climb and shake them out of the tree for capture and an easy meal.

Most Iguanas will go into their burrow when it gets cold so a cold snap will only clear out a few tree and roof dwellers. No easy fix for this problem. I wouldn't want to be on the county tax rolls when they have to fix all the canals down there cuz that day is coming...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom