What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Booted Netflix when they got in bed with 44....just canceled Prime because it's the same old crap over and over and over...worse than HBO...so we have Hulu + and watch a lot of TCM movies and some CBS stuff on demand (Blue Bloods, Goldbergs, NCIS). Prime was getting to the point that every single new show had a gay theme in it, not our thing, but they aren't the only ones....FX is the same way.
    Might want to be cautious, there. Based on a couple reactions to my post, saying you’re not watching either one and stating the reasons why isn’t appropriate subject matter for this thread.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Might want to be cautious, there. Based on a couple reactions to my post, saying you’re not watching either one and stating the reasons why isn’t appropriate subject matter for this thread.
    Well, that's the thing. It isn't. The thread is about what people are watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime. You know, so that interested INGO members can share and recommend programs that they like? Nobody needs your holier-than-thou virtue signaling in this thread.

JP.png

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Booted Netflix when they got in bed with 44....just canceled Prime because it's the same old crap over and over and over...worse than HBO...so we have Hulu + and watch a lot of TCM movies and some CBS stuff on demand (Blue Bloods, Goldbergs, NCIS). Prime was getting to the point that every single new show had a gay theme in it, not our thing, but they aren't the only ones....FX is the same way.
    1611664686660.png

OK, so I'm confused about who posted this, but I'll address it anyway. "Every single show had a gay theme in it"? I've been watching Prime for over a year, and I've run across one movie that had a blatantly gay theme.

Here is my issue with Prime, Netflix, and Entertainment media in general. I won't make any sweeping generalizations like the ridiculous exaggeration above, but I will say that it seems like many, if not the majority of shows, seem to be about murder. My question to PistolBob or Route45 or whoever wrote this is, why is homosexuality more offensive than murder?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    We just wrapped up watching Manhunt: Deadly Games about Richard Jewel & the Summer Olympic Bombing.
    Wife & I loved the show, both thought the guy playing Mr. Jewel, & the guy playing the ATF bomb expert were exceptional.
    It did reinforce what the media can do to an innocent person, & how much the FBI cares about the truth (purple implied for FBI cares about truth).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

View attachment 122715

OK, so I'm confused about who posted this, but I'll address it anyway. "Every single show had a gay theme in it"? I've been watching Prime for over a year, and I've run across one movie that had a blatantly gay theme.

Here is my issue with Prime, Netflix, and Entertainment media in general. I won't make any sweeping generalizations like the ridiculous exaggeration above, but I will say that it seems like many, if not the majority of shows, seem to be about murder. My question to PistolBob or Route45 or whoever wrote this is, why is homosexuality more offensive than murder?
    I think Prime recommends shows based on viewing habits. It tries to find shows you might like. :gaychase:

I'm not PistolBob, but I can watch a show with someone getting murdered and not be viscerally disturbed... but two men making out on screen :puke:

That's just the way it is, some things will never change.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Signed up for a 30 day trial of HBOMax and am re-watching "John Adams". Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney both put out superb performances.

First thing I watched was "Wonder Woman 1984". Horrible, just a waste of time.
    If you haven't already watch True Detective on HBO. Season 1 with Matthew McConaughhey and Woody Harrelson might be the best thing on TV. Season 2 lags a bit but Season 3 is once again excellent.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think Prime recommends shows based on viewing habits. It tries to find shows you might like. :gaychase:

I'm not PistolBob, but I can watch a show with someone getting murdered and not be viscerally disturbed... but two men making out on screen :puke:

That's just the way it is, some things will never change.
    Internet search history sets the theme. I get suggested a lot of heterosexual killing shows myself. :lmfao:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I didn't post that ridiculous tripe. PistolBob did. Must be a software glitch or something.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I found Dinosaurs on Disney+ Just when I was about to cancel it.

There are a few seasons of old B&W Dragnets on Pluto (free streaming channel).

Still on a quest for good mystery/detective shows that do not have an excessive amount of violence/gore. I watched an episode of Bones and was traumatized.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I found Dinosaurs on Disney+ Just when I was about to cancel it.

There are a few seasons of old B&W Dragnets on Pluto (free streaming channel).

Still on a quest for good mystery/detective shows that do not have an excessive amount of violence/gore. I watched an episode of Bones and was traumatized.
    Dinosaurs - as in "Not the momma!"?

As mysteries - Father Brown certainly fits that bill, but Netflix dropped it a while ago. - looks like it might be on Amazon via BritBox.

Top Bottom