What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm definitely up for that. Many years ago I had a small group of INGO guys that got together at Carmack's in Noblesville but that died out. I would be down to try Havana in Fishers if you want. I would also be down for Nicky Blaines but would be more restricted on times I could go due to the drive. Have a day and time in mind?
    Carmacks is too loud and you can't sit near each other, it's just not enjoyable right now.

If havana is easier let's do that. Any one else in?

I'm free any day after 5pm next week.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Carmacks is too loud and you can't sit near each other, it's just not enjoyable right now.

If havana is easier let's do that. Any one else in?

I'm free any day after 5pm next week.
    Sounds good. I'll wait to see if others are in and a preferred time but I should be good any day next week other than Tuesday as of right now. 5 might be pushing it for me though 6 or later would be better for me.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Got my first Luxury Cigar Club box today. Can't wait to try these, but definitely going to let them rest at least a week before enjoying.

Attachments

• 20210122_212310.jpg
      20210122_212310.jpg
      6.1 MB · Views: 3
    • 20210122_212407.jpg
      20210122_212407.jpg
      5.1 MB · Views: 3

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Tried out Jackson's Cigars and Spirits in Mishawaka last night. Cigar prices weren't crazy. Sure, they're higher than what you'd pay online or in a cigar shop. But they gotta make $$$. I had an Ashford aged maduro for $19. Goin rate online is about $14, so that seemed reasonable.

Bourbon prices were sorta ridiculous though. $10 for a pour of Evan Williams? Damn. I buy it for $26 for a handle. But I was able to try some things I'd been curious about but never wanted pay for a whole bottle.

I'll definitely be picking up a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked. I'm not a big fan of regular Woodford so I've always passed on the double oak, but it's really good. For the record, it was a $15 pour.

I was just talking to my son and a friend in Kansas City about J. Rieger whiskey which is from there. I was a little surprised to see it at a bar in Mishawaka. It's kinda unique. It's a blend of straight bourbon, rye whiskey, light corn whiskey, and a touch of sherry. I liked it. Next KC visit I'm gonna have to take a tour. That one was a $11 pour.

And for the grand finally I dropped $34 on a glass of Little Book Chapter 4. Yeah, absurd. I know. But I have been working 60 hour weeks so I got some OT $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. That stuff retails for about $150/bottle, though you'll probably not find one near that. I have seen it in stores priced anywhere from $250 to $400. It is very good stuff, but NOT that good.

Friends had old fashions made with Woodford rye. Those were great. Among the best old fashion I've had. They will set you back $14 each.

Talked to the owner and he took us outside to show us where he has big plans for a large refurb on the outdoor patio area. Sounds like it will be really nice this summer.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Tried out Jackson's Cigars and Spirits in Mishawaka last night. Cigar prices weren't crazy. Sure, they're higher than what you'd pay online or in a cigar shop. But they gotta make $$$. I had an Ashford aged maduro for $19. Goin rate online is about $14, so that seemed reasonable.

Bourbon prices were sorta ridiculous though. $10 for a pour of Evan Williams? Damn. I buy it for $26 for a handle. But I was able to try some things I'd been curious about but never wanted pay for a whole bottle.

I'll definitely be picking up a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked. I'm not a big fan of regular Woodford so I've always passed on the double oak, but it's really good. For the record, it was a $15 pour.

I was just talking to my son and a friend in Kansas City about J. Rieger whiskey which is from there. I was a little surprised to see it at a bar in Mishawaka. It's kinda unique. It's a blend of straight bourbon, rye whiskey, light corn whiskey, and a touch of sherry. I liked it. Next KC visit I'm gonna have to take a tour. That one was a $11 pour.

And for the grand finally I dropped $34 on a glass of Little Book Chapter 4. Yeah, absurd. I know. But I have been working 60 hour weeks so I got some OT $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. That stuff retails for about $150/bottle, though you'll probably not find one near that. I have seen it in stores priced anywhere from $250 to $400. It is very good stuff, but NOT that good.

Friends had old fashions made with Woodford rye. Those were great. Among the best old fashion I've had. They will set you back $14 each.

Talked to the owner and he took us outside to show us where he has big plans for a large refurb on the outdoor patio area. Sounds like it will be really nice this summer.

Is this the place that is back in the area along the river where an old brewery used to be?

Behind Hacienda's?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Today's cigar is an Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua. Just getting into it but the smoke output is crazy! Perfect draw, and definitely that full bodied spice I enjoy!

Update: Spice definitely fades out very quickly. Really only noticeable on the Retrohale now. Half way through and there has definitely been a flavor transition. Good stick so far.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yes. Used to be the little black dog tavern.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

I used to live in Mishawaka. I still check in the local news now and then and caught a writeup on that place.....looked like it would be a fun place to visit.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Today I'm smoking a My Father El Centurion Toro. Not bad at all, but the least favorite of the My Father cigars I have tried. The flavor isn't as complex as I would like. Started off a little spicy and black pepper notes. But quickly that took a far backseat to a classic tabbaco flavor that didn't have a ton of character. Burn was ok but not great, draw just a tad tight. I'll log this as a "need to try again" to check consistency but if next one is similar to this, it will go to the don't buy again list.

Attachments

• 20210127_155313.jpg
      20210127_155313.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    The other night I had a kristoff Kristnia maduro.

It was like putting your face in a smoke stack. It was a nice smoke just not the smoke I was in the mood for. Lasted a long time was super rich.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    The other night I had a kristoff Kristnia maduro.

It was like putting your face in a smoke stack. It was a nice smoke just not the smoke I was in the mood for. Lasted a long time was super rich.
    Almost reached in humidor for one of those today! I really enjoy Kristoffs but been trying to smoke these cigars I havent tried yet before I got back to cigars I have had. That being said I finding it hard not to buy a box of Rocky Patel Sungrown Maduro. That's been the best cigar I have had in a long time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I've been trying to make time to get over there. Actually anywhere I can have a smoke without freezing. I'd pay for that privilege about now. Heck. I'd even buy one and then light up the one I brought with me.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Cigarbid has become my newest vice.
    Already spent a few hundreds. Got a deal on "Gurkha American Cask Collection5 Cigars + Rocks Glasses"

Showed up at the door. I picked it up and there was an ominious rattle.
    I opened it up and it was full of broken glass. They put the cigar/glass box in the shipping box then a little packing material on top and shipped it. So those glasses took every hit the bottom of the box did.

One glass was completely broken. The other was cracked all the glass cigar tubes were cracked.

So with them rolling around in beads if glass im not sure doubt the cigars are safe.

Emailed support and got no response so I just called them. Talked to a very nice lady. She offered refund or replacement. I told her I'd prefer replacement but only if she can ensure someone packs it properly.
    She called the warehouse to get someone on it.

She was super kind and helpful.
    A+ effort on an F shipment.

I'll continue to spend more money than I should there.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Cigarbid has become my newest vice.
    Already spent a few hundreds. Got a deal on "Gurkha American Cask Collection5 Cigars + Rocks Glasses"

Showed up at the door. I picked it up and there was an ominious rattle.
    I opened it up and it was full of broken glass. They put the cigar/glass box in the shipping box then a little packing material on top and shipped it. So those glasses took every hit the bottom of the box did.

One glass was completely broken. The other was cracked all the glass cigar tubes were cracked.

So with them rolling around in beads if glass im not sure doubt the cigars are safe.

Emailed support and got no response so I just called them. Talked to a very nice lady. She offered refund or replacement. I told her I'd prefer replacement but only if she can ensure someone packs it properly.
    She called the warehouse to get someone on it.

She was super kind and helpful.
    A+ effort on an F shipment.

I'll continue to spend more money than I should there.
    Good to hear customer support came through for you.

Top Bottom