What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'm a new subscriber so I've been getting emails about it. I'm just waiting till Friday to look at the whole list at once.

Been considering getting a draw tool.
    Any one have any suggestions?
    Yeah I thought about waiting and looking all at once too but I get bored on my lunch breaks :D

As far a draw tools I have never used one. I have been pretty lucky with the sticks in the higher price points an overwhelming major of the time have great draws as I'm searching out cigars known for consistency of construction first and foremost. I have had plenty of economic to mid tier sticks have a bad draw and to be honest I normally will just pitch it and get a new one if it's bad enough to really bother me. That being said I just if I ever had a really nice premium cigar that had a bad draw I will probably kick myself for not having a poker!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah I thought about waiting and looking all at once too but I get bored on my lunch breaks :D

As far a draw tools I have never used one. I have been pretty lucky with the sticks in the higher price points an overwhelming major of the time have great draws as I'm searching out cigars known for consistency of construction first and foremost. I have had plenty of economic to mid tier sticks have a bad draw and to be honest I normally will just pitch it and get a new one if it's bad enough to really bother me. That being said I just if I ever had a really nice premium cigar that had a bad draw I will probably kick myself for not having a poker!
    I typically use the pokey bit of my pipe tool to help a cigar out. I was smoking a padron 3000 last night that had a very light draw. It would have been nice to open it up just a bit. The night before a man o war had a hard spot just below the wrapper. I used the pokey tool for my 3d printer to open it a bit.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I typically use the pokey bit of my pipe tool to help a cigar out. I was smoking a padron 3000 last night that had a very light draw. It would have been nice to open it up just a bit. The night before a man o war had a hard spot just below the wrapper. I used the pokey tool for my 3d printer to open it a bit.

Good idea. Hey I guess you could always print a tool as well and try that. So long as it was a plastic that wouldn't give off a chemical taste or smell. If I recall PLA is plant based, could maybe use that? (Been a while since I have done anything with my 3d printer.)

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It looks like it's going to be a while before I can get my cigar lounge done. A buddy of mine is going to be able to do the work for substantially last did other contractors, but the issue is he is booked on jobs for several months before he could even think about starting mine which puts us in the warm months. So hopefully I will get it done this summer and have it ready for next winter. In the meantime I ordered an ice fishing shelter to put on my deck out back and I'm going to run power out there for lights and portable ceramic heater. This will be my temporary smoking hut until it gets warm.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Today I'm smoking a Perdomo Champaign Connecticut. My kind of Connecticut because it's Nicaraguan fillers give it a nice boost of flavor to add to the creaminess. Great stick.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My order arrived today. 55 cigars for $110 total.

I've got a few years worth now.

I really need to pay more attention to the size when I order. The MUWAT's are tiny, but I think that size can fill the "only have X amount of time" cigar.

PXL_20210115_182333974.jpg PXL_20210115_182356416.jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    My order arrived today. 55 cigars for $110 total.

I've got a few years worth now.

I really need to pay more attention to the size when I order. The MUWAT's are tiny, but I think that size can fill the "only have X amount of time" cigar.

View attachment 121004 View attachment 121005
    Nice congrats! I do try to keep some smaller cigars around for the times I want a cigar but don't have long to enjoy one.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So Cigar Aficionados top 25 list is out now for 2020. For those of you who have seen it I'm curious, how many of the top 25 have you personally tried? I have personally tried #2, 3, 8, 12, 15, 18, and 23.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Today I'm smoking a Perdomo Champaign Connecticut. My kind of Connecticut because it's Nicaraguan fillers give it a nice boost of flavor to add to the creaminess. Great stick.
    They're just consistently amazing, without the harshness some Connecticuts get. Try the puritos sometime -- mini cigar with the same construction quality as the big ones. They're about 35*3.5 inches

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    They're just consistently amazing, without the harshness some Connecticuts get. Try the puritos sometime -- mini cigar with the same construction quality as the big ones. They're about 35*3.5 inches
    I actually looked for a tin of them today at my local B&M but couldn't find. Will prob order some online.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    New Cigar. Coopera Maduro by Hirochi Robaina 6x52.
    Constructions seems good. I started out with one of those runners but burned the lagging area a little with the lighter and it stayed even after that. Flavor seems pretty good, medium to full. It isn't that spiciness that I like in a Joya de Nicaragua.

Attachments

• IMG_1850.jpeg
      IMG_1850.jpeg
      147.9 KB · Views: 2
    • IMG_1851.jpeg
      IMG_1851.jpeg
      84.4 KB · Views: 2

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The humidor is packed and I had to use my little overflow humidor.

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpeg
      IMG_1847.jpeg
      108.2 KB · Views: 2
    • IMG_1848.jpeg
      IMG_1848.jpeg
      127.3 KB · Views: 2
    • IMG_1849.jpeg
      IMG_1849.jpeg
      129.8 KB · Views: 2

tosharri

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Plainfield
    Started smoking after passing a few older gentlemen smoking some cuban cigars and though 'wow, that smells really good'. Wasn't able to smoke those for long....wayyyy too strong.

Same reaction several years ago to someone smoking a clove cigar...been smoking Djarum Bali Hai cigarettes (well mini-cigars) ever since. Not sure if its because of that but I don't HAVE to have them...just have a habit of smoking when I'm driving....and I drive A LOT

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I always tell someone that is just wanting to start smoking cigars to start with a Macanudo. They are nice but mild.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    My ice fishing tent came in today. Going to set it up tomorrow and hopefully achor it well enough that it doesn't fly away! I'll post some pics once it's set up. Just putting to chairs, small folding table in there for now. Will take heater back in forth since I doubt it will be truly waterproof.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No, i Have not tried a Mayan. I will look for them next order.

Smoking a Ave Maria Dark Knight right now. Very nice. Good flavor. It is a box pressed maduro.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    No, i Have not tried a Mayan. I will look for them next order.

Smoking a Ave Maria Dark Knight right now. Very nice. Good flavor. It is a box pressed maduro.
    If you have a thing for box pressed Maduros, give Oliva MB3 a whirl some time. Holt's and CB both have them very reasonable for the quality that they are. They're my favorite evening smoke nowadays, since I can't afford the new prices on ashton maduros.

They aren't pure syrupy sweet like ashton maduros.. they've got some underlying nicaraguan spice. They're really, really good.

Top Bottom