What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    No, i Have not tried a Mayan. I will look for them next order.

Smoking a Ave Maria Dark Knight right now. Very nice. Good flavor. It is a box pressed maduro.
    O I thought I saw one in your picture that's why I asked. I must be losing my sight along with my hearing, great!! Lol

Edit: Wait I looked again and definitely looks like a Mayans band.

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    LOL, you got me. I went and checked and I did get some Mayans. :-)
    Haha OK well that makes me feel better because I thought I was losing it! Interesting thing I found out about the Mayans that I didn't know when I bought them.... They are made by CAO.

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    I usually just buy the samplers from CI. I've found a couple that I like such as ghurka, Vegas, and axis. I would like to try a Padron tho. Seems popular in here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just set up my temporary cigar hut. Blocks the wind very well and with a space heater it's quite comfortable. We will see how it holds up to the wind. I have it anchored down very well but time will tell if the structure itself will hold up. It does have two built in air vents and two windows that came be opened to help ventilate of needed.

Attachments

• 20210117_154326.jpg
      20210117_154326.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 4
    • 20210117_154311.jpg
      20210117_154311.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 4

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just set up my temporary cigar hut. Blocks the wind very well and with a space heater it's quite comfortable. We will see how it holds up to the wind. I have it anchored down very well but time will tell if the structure itself will hold up. It does have two built in air vents and two windows that came be opened to help ventilate of needed.
    An air purifier may do you well in that area. I just ordered a renpho for the spare room in my house where I smoke.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Funny u mention the renpho... I just watched a review about it and was thinking of picking one up. Looked pretty solid.
    Cigars daily?

The one he reviewed was too small for my room. So I got the bigger model. Should be here tomorrow. After a few days of use I'll report my results.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Cigars daily?

The one he reviewed was too small for my room. So I got the bigger model. Should be here tomorrow. After a few days of use I'll report my results.
    Haha yep CD. I went ahead and order one as well... The smaller version, had a $12 rebate on it too so that was nice!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Tonight I'm enjoying a Rocky Patel Edge Corojo. First time in the new smoking hut. I'm wearing thin dress pants and a long sleeve shirt and I'm very comfortable. The little heater I bought has enough output to keep up with the ventilation I have going on so that's good. Once the air purifier is here that will help since I won't have to ventilate quite is much as I am now.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Tonights smoke is a pistoff kristoff.
    The renpho is chugging along.
    It's prob 4 feet from me. It's on a low-mid setting. It's pulling most of the smoke to it. Not too loud. Much like a desk fan. So far so good.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Tonights smoke is a pistoff kristoff.
    The renpho is chugging along.
    It's prob 4 feet from me. It's on a low-mid setting. It's pulling most of the smoke to it. Not too loud. Much like a desk fan. So far so good.
    Glad it seems like it's working... Mine should be here today. Looking forward to seeing how much of a difference it makes in my set up.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Glad it seems like it's working... Mine should be here today. Looking forward to seeing how much of a difference it makes in my set up.
    Ice been smoking in that room for about 2 weeks so there's a smell in there. I noticed this am that the smell isn't worse so it did a good job last night.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Tonight's cigar is an Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill. It's been a bit since I have enjoyed a churchill. This one is very nice. The draw is a bit tighter than i would prefer but the flavor is nice and it's extremely smooth. I have the Renpho next to me and I covered up most of the ventilation I had going before to see how it does. One thing for sure already it the heater keeps this tent very comfortable whe it's mostly closed up. So far the Renpho seems to be doing well.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Tonight's cigar is an Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill. It's been a bit since I have enjoyed a churchill. This one is very nice. The draw is a bit tighter than i would prefer but the flavor is nice and it's extremely smooth. I have the Renpho next to me and I covered up most of the ventilation I had going before to see how it does. One thing for sure already it the heater keeps this tent very comfortable whe it's mostly closed up. So far the Renpho seems to be doing well.
    Have you considered picking up a "perfect draw" tool?

I recently got one. I like it. Does a better job than my pipe tool.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Not sure if I mentioned the Cigar Scanner app (on Google Play) in the old thread or not but I really like it! It's also available through web browser if you have an Apple phone. Let's you log all your cigars and rate them. Also let's you inventory you humidors which is kinda cool to know exactly what you have on hand and when you purchased if you want to keep track of aging.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Here's a crazy idea.

Next week. Let's get a group of us together and meet at that new cigar bar in fishers or nicky blaines downtown to have a smoke.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Here's a crazy idea.

Next week. Let's get a group of us together and meet at that new cigar bar in fishers or nicky blaines downtown to have a smoke.
    I'm definitely up for that. Many years ago I had a small group of INGO guys that got together at Carmack's in Noblesville but that died out. I would be down to try Havana in Fishers if you want. I would also be down for Nicky Blaines but would be more restricted on times I could go due to the drive. Have a day and time in mind?

Top Bottom