What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Have any of you gents used this place?

Famous is very solid. About like CI/CB. Not as good packaging etc as Holt's, but up there.

I've ordered about a box worth from Famous.

The big one to avoid is Thompson.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I've basically narrowed down my regular stuff to Perdomo Puritos for dog walking, Oliva Connecticuts/Nub Connecticut for light wrappers and Olivia MB3 (mostly because of the crazy deals on CB/Holt's, but also cause they're awesome) for dark wrappers.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    My second cigar of today was a Nub Habano. I think this was the only Nub I hadn't tried proir today. Although I'm a fan of Nub in general, I wasn't a huge fan of the Habano. Construction, draw, and burn was fantastic like other Nubs but I didn't care much for the flavor. Felt very one dimensional, with no complexity at all. Could have just been my palate after just finishing another cigar but wasn't overly impressed with this one. Will revisit again in the future with a fresh palate.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I've basically narrowed down my regular stuff to Perdomo Puritos for dog walking, Oliva Connecticuts/Nub Connecticut for light wrappers and Olivia MB3 (mostly because of the crazy deals on CB/Holt's, but also cause they're awesome) for dark wrappers.
    I don't do Connecticuts much but when I do, I agree with you. I really like Oliva and Nubs. Have you tried a Kristoff Connecticut? It's also very good!

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I don't do Connecticuts much but when I do, I agree with you. I really like Oliva and Nubs. Have you tried a Kristoff Connecticut? It's also very good!
    I haven't but I've almost grabbed some to try -- next time I make on order (gunna be a while, humis are pretty full and I don't smoke much in winter) I'll give a whirl. I've basically heard that they're similar to Montecristos (which I really like) but less $$$

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Anyone watch any good YouTube channels about cigars and reviews? I mostly have been watching cigars daily. He is a 2a friendly guy and does a pretty good job of reviewing cigars. Anyone else I'm missing?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Been kinda watching a little of
    Zeal cigar review, seems like a cool guy, not sure how I feel about the channel yet.

Same with cigar obsession and Jeremy series. Jeremy is more of an man's man kinda guy vs just cigars.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I also have watched a little bit of Bradley from Zeal, not sure how a feel about him/channel yet. At least the videos I have seen seems like he gets a bit distracted and just talks without getting to a point, but I'll watch more and keep and open mind. That Jeremy S guys smoking room makes me drool. Jeez that's a bad ass set up!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Also if you haven't been watching, Cigar Aficionado is rolling out the 2020 top 25 list this week. (if you care about that at all) Started on Monday and finishs up Friday.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Late last year I scored a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15yr Family Reserve at a Big Red Liquor Store raffle. It was only fitting to pair that with a box of Pappy Family Reserve cigars and share with family and friends the week of Christmas. Bold flavorful cigar that is barrel aged in Pappy barrels prior to being rolled. The bourbon was simply fantastic. I know why they are so hard to find. imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Late last year I scored a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15yr Family Reserve at a Big Red Liquor Store raffle. It was only fitting to pair that with a box of Pappy Family Reserve cigars and share with family and friends the week of Christmas. Bold flavorful cigar that is barrel aged in Pappy barrels prior to being rolled. The bourbon was simply fantastic. I know why they are so hard to find. View attachment 120742
    Nice! Congrats on that score!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    CI sent an email today on a new to me cigar brand.
    Hirochi Robaina
    They have a flight sampler of 15, 5 of 3 varieties. I will report back when I get them and try them out.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Also if you haven't been watching, Cigar Aficionado is rolling out the 2020 top 25 list this week. (if you care about that at all) Started on Monday and finishs up Friday.

I'm a new subscriber so I've been getting emails about it. I'm just waiting till Friday to look at the whole list at once.

Been considering getting a draw tool.
    Any one have any suggestions?

Top Bottom