• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Let's say I'm wanting to rebarrel a Smith and Wesson Revolver. I know for a fact I don't have the skill or toolset to do it properly. What are my options in the central indiana area? I have the gun, I have the barrel, I just need someone to do the work that I cannot.

LuckySarge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Columbia City
    The only time I rebarreled a Smith I looked and looked for someone I was confident would do a good job. I had another barrel, just needed someone to do the work. The lowest price I found was $350. I had one smith tell me he would do the work for that but he HAD to do a trigger job too? Anyway I ended up sending it to S&W and it cost me 3 bills but I knew it was done right. Most of the good S&W smiths in Indiana have passed away unfortunately.

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    The only time I rebarreled a Smith I looked and looked for someone I was confident would do a good job. I had another barrel, just needed someone to do the work. The lowest price I found was $350. I had one smith tell me he would do the work for that but he HAD to do a trigger job too? Anyway I ended up sending it to S&W and it cost me 3 bills but I knew it was done right. Most of the good S&W smiths in Indiana have passed away unfortunately.
    Oof, ok thank you.

LuckySarge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Columbia City
    $300 for a new barrel, properly installed at the factory? Assuming sight holes included, or better yet, old sights installed? I'd be good with that.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I sent the revolver with as bad barrel along with another barrel to replace it. The $300 was in labor alone

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Let's say I'm wanting to rebarrel a Smith and Wesson Revolver. I know for a fact I don't have the skill or toolset to do it properly. What are my options in the central indiana area? I have the gun, I have the barrel, I just need someone to do the work that I cannot.
    I have not used BossHoss, but you may contact BossHoss, or Allen M. (Diamond Collision) here on INGO.
    These are two of the BEST gunsmiths around and probably set you up??.. Bill.

PS: I have used Allen M. for other work..TOP NOTCH..

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I sent a Model 15 to Smith and Wesson to install and time a cylinder and setback the barrel. The gun was in very poor shape indeed. I supplied the replacement cylinder.

It was under $200 for the whole job.

It was more than 5 years ago. Maybe prices have gone up since then.

A phone call will get you an accurate quote.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom