• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    I am thinking that I don't want a TSA-approved flight travel case that says the word "gun" on it:

In my travels through airports with a firearm, I have had to carry the case to the service desk, which means traveling through parking areas, lobbies, escalators, buses, and commuter connection points with the case. Given the amount of security and jittery people at airports, I would not want to announce the fact that I have a gun (even in a case) at any of these locations.

At the service desk, they inspect the weapon, make sure there is no ammo, put an inspection tag inside the case, and you lock it. You then take the gun with the service person and drop it on a conveyor, same as any other luggage.

At your destination, you usually pick up the case from the luggage carousel, not a service desk.

In between when you drop it off and pick it up, it has been handled by a multitude of baggage handlers and other personnel, including changes of planes, layovers, inspections, and delays. Easy for it to disappear.

UPS and FedEx makes explicit that they want no identifying information on a box when shipping firearms by air or ground. I would expect the same from my airport luggage, or is it just me?

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Make the case look as though it is something else. Tennis racket, camera, etc. Anything but a guncase, personally I like anything that has to do with golf. And I love the Ping and Big Bertha stickers!

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Like Nighthawk cares... these items are probably around $50 per case to them. If they can gather over a 50% profit margin because some sucker has a very expensive Nighthawk and thinks he needs a case for it.. good for them.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Make the case look as though it is something else. Tennis racket, camera, etc. Anything but a guncase, personally I like anything that has to do with golf. And I love the Ping and Big Bertha stickers!

Ooh, how about a violin case, like the gangsters of old. That should fool everyone. Of course, the Nighthawk version would still say "One gun one gunsmith" so that they can collect their premium $.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom