• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My only disappointment with NRA was that they`ve at times, accepted "soft" gun control. Well, that, and I took issue with chris cox, but that idiot is gone now, so that`s not an issue anymore. GOA is a bulldog, and they accept NO gun control, as it should be. NRA is still relevant regardless of the mud the media is slinging, and I for one refuse to abandon them because of the slander and libel from the media and leftist scum. Neither will I accept the rumors and baseless accusations of anyone in regards to La Pierre. If I see hard evidence, that`s a different matter, but as of now, I`ve seen none.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've seen other post by members to actual news articles about it and it's a lot more than I ever knew. Just search the forum on NRA and there are multiple threads with what the ILA has done all around the United States.
    ILA works on legislative action. I don't for a moment deny the NRA has had a lot of influence in legislation. In the court battles, they seem to claim credit when it's a different group such as the Second Amendment Foundation actually doing the work.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Voting for a person who will knowingly hurt the USA just because you do not like the personality of another person.....well, in some ways that is wishing demise on the USA because of ones hatred for one person. Jeopardizing this country is jeopardizing my welfare.
    I see similar attacks on the NRA. (even in this forum)

Just sayin'
    I see your analogy and I would say that it's important in both cases to hold leadership accountable. That doesn't mean I don't support the goals or turn my back on the members, but if we have no opinion about how money is being used then any organization will get worse, not better.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Serious question. What court battles has the NRA fought? I've seen battles from the Second Amendment foundation and other organizations but not from the NRA

Well, right off the top of my head, they defended a pizza delivery driver that used a gun to defend herself, in a Chicago suburb.
    Then, when the case was won, they went after the city again because they had cops following her around and citing her for going 1 mph over the limit. And the city wouldn't release her gun back.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I like the comments from some of our own Indiana 2A warriors. " If I ever meet a GOA representative in the state house, I will be sure and introduce myself." Continue to educate yourselves.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I like the comments from some of our own Indiana 2A warriors. " If I ever meet a GOA representative in the state house, I will be sure and introduce myself." Continue to educate yourselves.
    Educate, and, be dedicated to NRA and GOA. GOA is tougher on gun control than NRA, but NRA has the numbers and the history to keep making a difference.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got this email tonight.

Wed, May 19 at 7:16 PM

NRA

Dear NRA Members,
    In my more than 40 years with the NRA, we've taken part in some bruising fights to defend our freedoms and our NRA. As they say, nothing worth having comes easy.
    Over the past month, we did it again. The NRA took center stage in the fight for our reorganization in federal court in Dallas. Although our case for reorganization was dismissed on May 11, there are many positive developments that bode well for the Association and its plans for the future.
    Strong and Secure
    First and foremost, the legal decision has no impact on our staffing, programs or Second Amendment advocacy. All of our work continues and remains as vital as ever. We will continue to defend constitutional freedoms, promote firearms education, and advocate for and represent our members in all appropriate forums.
    This outcome has no impact on all the divisions and affiliates associated with the NRA. Our programs, political activity, charitable endeavors, and Second Amendment advocacy all continue. We remain strong and secure.
    Second, the New York Attorney General and others that aligned against the NRA in opposition to the NRA's reorganization plan were unsuccessful in their effort to derail us. As you may have read, they sought to dismiss the NRA's Chapter 11 reorganization filing with prejudice or, in the alternative, appointment of a court-appointed trustee. They wanted to see someone else take control of the Association's business and financial affairs.
    None of that happened. The court in Dallas did not appoint a trustee or impose any other form of oversight on the NRA. Instead, the court dismissed our reorganization filing without prejudice, meaning the NRA has the option to file a new case in the future if the need arises. Importantly, there was no financial watchdog (an examiner) appointed, as sought by some.
    The enemies of the Association want to claim the NRA filing was in "bad faith" and the NRA should be assessed penalties. But, that's not what the judge found. On May 14, the judge clarified that he did not hold that the NRA reorganization filing was in "bad faith."
    In summary, we are no longer in bankruptcy court in Dallas - and our mission moves forward.
    Our leadership team remains intact. Those outcomes are far from the "doom and gloom" predicted by the so-called experts, many in the far-left media, and gun control advocates. Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper: we are not going anywhere. We're fighting as hard as ever in defense of your freedoms.
    Our plans are not finalized, but we remain committed to exploring a move of all or part of the NRA's business operations to Texas - home to more than 400,000 NRA members. In fact, the court observed that we could still accomplish those goals outside of bankruptcy court. In other words, our business operations and plans for the future are not affected by these developments.
    The Record Reflects: Committed to Good Governance
    During a 12-day court hearing that occurred over approximately four weeks, the NRA established that it complies with board policies and accounting controls, displaced "insiders" who abused the Association, and accepted reimbursements for costs voluntarily determined to be excess benefits.
    The hearing proceedings focused, in significant measure, on the NRA's compliance efforts and the organization's renewed commitment to good governance.
    In an opinion, dated May 11, 2021, the Hon. Harlin D. Hale, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Northern District of Texas, wrote, "In short, the testimony…suggests that the NRA now understands the importance of compliance. Outside of bankruptcy, the NRA can pay its creditors, continue to fulfill its mission, continue to improve its governance and internal controls, contest dissolution in the NYAG Enforcement Action, and pursue the legal steps necessary to leave New York."
    Of course, very little of this was publicly reported.
    As I told the media, the NRA remains committed to its members and our plan for the future. This fight is about our 5 million members - those who stand courageously with the NRA in defense of constitutional freedom.
    Let this be clear: we are an organization that remains committed to its course, even as we confront our adversaries in New York and beyond. The NRA will keep fighting, as we've done for 150 years.
    Confronting a Political Agenda - and Fighting for Freedom
    That means the NRA continues to confront NYAG Letitia James in her attempt to dissolve the NRA.
    The NYAG wants to close our doors as part of a lawsuit she filed on August 6, 2020. In summer 2018, then NYAG candidate James called the NRA a "criminal enterprise" and "terrorist organization." Her subsequent pursuit of the NRA has been characterized by many legal experts and constitutional scholars as a gross weaponization of legal and regulatory power. Even the ACLU recognized that.
    As several NRA board members noted, the record now establishes that NRA members can have great confidence in this institution and its plans for the future. We will work with members, vendors, and other supporters to continue the fight for freedom. And we will never shrink from the tough and principled stands we take on behalf of our law-abiding 5 million members.
    It all comes down to protecting your constitutional freedoms. The NRA has never shied away from those fights. And I promise you, that's a fight we'll always take on.
    Wayne Signature

Wayne LaPierre
    © 2021 National Rifle Association

11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030​
    mail

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Just got this email tonight.

Wed, May 19 at 7:16 PM

NRA

Dear NRA Members,
    In my more than 40 years with the NRA, we've taken part in some bruising fights to defend our freedoms and our NRA. As they say, nothing worth having comes easy.
    Over the past month, we did it again. The NRA took center stage in the fight for our reorganization in federal court in Dallas. Although our case for reorganization was dismissed on May 11, there are many positive developments that bode well for the Association and its plans for the future.
    Strong and Secure
    First and foremost, the legal decision has no impact on our staffing, programs or Second Amendment advocacy. All of our work continues and remains as vital as ever. We will continue to defend constitutional freedoms, promote firearms education, and advocate for and represent our members in all appropriate forums.
    This outcome has no impact on all the divisions and affiliates associated with the NRA. Our programs, political activity, charitable endeavors, and Second Amendment advocacy all continue. We remain strong and secure.
    Second, the New York Attorney General and others that aligned against the NRA in opposition to the NRA's reorganization plan were unsuccessful in their effort to derail us. As you may have read, they sought to dismiss the NRA's Chapter 11 reorganization filing with prejudice or, in the alternative, appointment of a court-appointed trustee. They wanted to see someone else take control of the Association's business and financial affairs.
    None of that happened. The court in Dallas did not appoint a trustee or impose any other form of oversight on the NRA. Instead, the court dismissed our reorganization filing without prejudice, meaning the NRA has the option to file a new case in the future if the need arises. Importantly, there was no financial watchdog (an examiner) appointed, as sought by some.
    The enemies of the Association want to claim the NRA filing was in "bad faith" and the NRA should be assessed penalties. But, that's not what the judge found. On May 14, the judge clarified that he did not hold that the NRA reorganization filing was in "bad faith."
    In summary, we are no longer in bankruptcy court in Dallas - and our mission moves forward.
    Our leadership team remains intact. Those outcomes are far from the "doom and gloom" predicted by the so-called experts, many in the far-left media, and gun control advocates. Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper: we are not going anywhere. We're fighting as hard as ever in defense of your freedoms.
    Our plans are not finalized, but we remain committed to exploring a move of all or part of the NRA's business operations to Texas - home to more than 400,000 NRA members. In fact, the court observed that we could still accomplish those goals outside of bankruptcy court. In other words, our business operations and plans for the future are not affected by these developments.
    The Record Reflects: Committed to Good Governance
    During a 12-day court hearing that occurred over approximately four weeks, the NRA established that it complies with board policies and accounting controls, displaced "insiders" who abused the Association, and accepted reimbursements for costs voluntarily determined to be excess benefits.
    The hearing proceedings focused, in significant measure, on the NRA's compliance efforts and the organization's renewed commitment to good governance.
    In an opinion, dated May 11, 2021, the Hon. Harlin D. Hale, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Northern District of Texas, wrote, "In short, the testimony…suggests that the NRA now understands the importance of compliance. Outside of bankruptcy, the NRA can pay its creditors, continue to fulfill its mission, continue to improve its governance and internal controls, contest dissolution in the NYAG Enforcement Action, and pursue the legal steps necessary to leave New York."
    Of course, very little of this was publicly reported.
    As I told the media, the NRA remains committed to its members and our plan for the future. This fight is about our 5 million members - those who stand courageously with the NRA in defense of constitutional freedom.
    Let this be clear: we are an organization that remains committed to its course, even as we confront our adversaries in New York and beyond. The NRA will keep fighting, as we've done for 150 years.
    Confronting a Political Agenda - and Fighting for Freedom
    That means the NRA continues to confront NYAG Letitia James in her attempt to dissolve the NRA.
    The NYAG wants to close our doors as part of a lawsuit she filed on August 6, 2020. In summer 2018, then NYAG candidate James called the NRA a "criminal enterprise" and "terrorist organization." Her subsequent pursuit of the NRA has been characterized by many legal experts and constitutional scholars as a gross weaponization of legal and regulatory power. Even the ACLU recognized that.
    As several NRA board members noted, the record now establishes that NRA members can have great confidence in this institution and its plans for the future. We will work with members, vendors, and other supporters to continue the fight for freedom. And we will never shrink from the tough and principled stands we take on behalf of our law-abiding 5 million members.
    It all comes down to protecting your constitutional freedoms. The NRA has never shied away from those fights. And I promise you, that's a fight we'll always take on.
    Wayne Signature

Wayne LaPierre
    © 2021 National Rifle Association Privacy Policy Unsubscribe
    Manage your email preferences
    11250 Waples Mill Rd. Fairfax, VA 22030​
    mail

Wayne sounds like he is trying hard to be optomistic....seems like he and Paul are following two different events.

As a side note, why in the hell would anybody do business in new york?!?

Top Bottom