• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That is a stellar piece of history. The refurb was not top shelf but the patina bleeds through.

Not sure about the $80K asking.
    Man I love the old school bikes, but 80k seems steep.
    I remember seeing a 60's flat tracker 45" a couple of years ago for around 25k that was in about this shape. I don't think it even sold

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A friend texted me a photo of what appears to be a 67 3 pedal ss camaro 350 convertible today. Nice restomod. The owner is asking 60k for it. I told her not a dime over 40, her response was that it had some stuff done to it.:rolleyes: Told her I wasn't sure of the legitimacy of a few things on it but a nice car.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m in talks with a guy about a MINT 2001 Mustang GT 5-speed with 14k original miles. I’ve only found a handful in the entire country for sale with the same or lower mileage. Most have well over 100k and are beat to death.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Got an email this morning that my back ordered parts are finally ready to ship so I guess I can start pulling the rearend out of the 'vert. That means playing musical cars to get the IRS into the shop and get it cleaned up and ready for install as well. Of course that's after I fix the oil pan leak, transmission leak and finish putting the side skirts back on the car.

Guess I need to call the upholstery shop on Monday and see if he lost my phone number, been waiting on them since mid December to get the '63 in there to get the headliner and windshields installed.

Funny how you go from a nice leisurely pace to elbows and assholes based on a single email. :whip:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Got an email this morning that my back ordered parts are finally ready to ship so I guess I can start pulling the rearend out of the 'vert. That means playing musical cars to get the IRS into the shop and get it cleaned up and ready for install as well. Of course that's after I fix the oil pan leak, transmission leak and finish putting the side skirts back on the car.

Guess I need to call the upholstery shop on Monday and see if he lost my phone number, been waiting on them since mid December to get the '63 in there to get the headliner and windshields installed.

Funny how you go from a nice leisurely pace to elbows and assholes based on a single email. :whip:
    So you're going to a straight axle to an IRS?
    Had a buddy offer me a mostly complete IRS for about $350 a couple months ago. I decided against it. The amount of cash it was going to take to get it setup for hardcore autocross/road course use, I could build two straight axle setups. Have read in many places that straight axle isn't far off from IRS in all but the most extreme of racing. Figured I'm probably not losing out right now.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So you're going to a straight axle to an IRS?
    Had a buddy offer me a mostly complete IRS for about $350 a couple months ago. I decided against it. The amount of cash it was going to take to get it setup for hardcore autocross/road course use, I could build two straight axle setups. Have read in many places that straight axle isn't far off from IRS in all but the most extreme of racing. Figured I'm probably not losing out right now.

Not too concerned about performance extremes; I'm just after the cool factor, I can admit it. Yes at some point I'll go thru it but this is my weekend attitude adjustment drive to the coast and enjoy the sunshine car so I'm not going extreme with it.

$350 for an IRS? If complete you should have snatched it up, they go for 3 times that typically.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Not too concerned about performance extremes; I'm just after the cool factor, I can admit it. Yes at some point I'll go thru it but this is my weekend attitude adjustment drive to the coast and enjoy the sunshine car so I'm not going extreme with it.

$350 for an IRS? If complete you should have snatched it up, they go for 3 times that typically.
    That's fair. If I was going to run it, it was going in the Notch with the main purpose of racing.

yeah it was complete aside from shocks and springs, if I remember correctly. Total steal, but a lot of the bushings and stuff were worn out. It was going to require 1k minimum to be usable.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That's fair. If I was going to run it, it was going in the Notch with the main purpose of racing.

yeah it was complete aside from shocks and springs, if I remember correctly. Total steal, but a lot of the bushings and stuff were worn out. It was going to require 1k minimum to be usable.
    I got lucky, this one came out of a 12k mile '04 Cobra so it's good to go for awhile other than the two front frame bushings that have be replaced due to different size fasteners required. I'll beef it up some in the future but for now getting it online and running is the order of the day. Of course the total scope of "getting it running" includes the Cobra front brake upgrade along with the Cobra hydroboost and master cylinder upgrade.

Probably just should have bought an '04 Cobra all those many years ago. :ugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yup. Lets go racing.

When I ran the numbers to get the 64 SS up to speed on the front suspension with the Poly/and all the rest that it needed it was a leap to the strong arm stuff but in the end the advantages were well worth it so that leap was not all that hard a pill to swallow. When the steering pieces arrive Friday (:nailbite:) that will complete the front of the chassis.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got lucky, this one came out of a 12k mile '04 Cobra so it's good to go for awhile other than the two front frame bushings that have be replaced due to different size fasteners required. I'll beef it up some in the future but for now getting it online and running is the order of the day. Of course the total scope of "getting it running" includes the Cobra front brake upgrade along with the Cobra hydroboost and master cylinder upgrade.

Probably just should have bought an '04 Cobra all those many years ago. :ugh:
    What......and miss out on all of this "FUN"

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah I definitely would like to do the IRS, but I don't think the performance benefit justifies the cost right now. I probably should have grabbed it just to store, but I've been doing that enough. I don't need more stuff hanging around that I'm not going to use for another two+ years lol

That kid with the 02 GT axle isn't responding anymore, so I'm probably not gonna go out and buy it.
    I've talked with a couple friends, along with my father in law, about the gears in my car right now. I'm gonna post a pic of the gears and see what y'all think before I throw them back in the car. I am doing new bearings right now, so the only added pain of new gears is the cost. The work for new bearings/shims already has to be done.

I can see that the wear pattern is wrong - it's too far away from the pinion. There was also almost no play in the gears - I THINK that means that they are setup too tight. I need to get a dial indicator so that I can properly set that when they go back in.

What I'm concerned about is the odd markings on the teeth - it almost looks like a wood grain to me. In the past, I've always seen gears that look more polished than this. I can't really feel a grain on the teeth when I run my fingers across them, but they don't feel smooth per-se.

What do y'all think? Run it or naw?

P1kvyx1.jpg

KTSwwQ1.jpg

Top Bottom