• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Spent the day at the resto shop working around the 64. It will be moved out and onto the lift 1st of next week.
    Frame will be stripped of suspension and then blasted.
    They use a specific bed liner coating on the frames. When it dries it looks pretty good.
    Once coated it comes over to me at my shop and then its on.
    When it leaves it will be a complete roller frame. Drive train/brakes/exhaust etc.
    They will do the body.

Pics will be forthcoming.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Spent the day at the resto shop working around the 64. It will be moved out and onto the lift 1st of next week.
    Frame will be stripped of suspension and then blasted.
    They use a specific bed liner coating on the frames. When it dries it looks pretty good.
    Once coated it comes over to me at my shop and then its on.
    When it leaves it will be a complete roller frame. Drive train/brakes/exhaust etc.
    They will do the body.

Pics will be forthcoming.

You are getting compensated for all of your work aren’t you?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    My three-jaw puller was not getting the job done so I had to rent a Chrysler specific balancer puller, but after that it was a pretty straightforward job.

5iiDIF7.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have the T-400 sourced and being built by an Ingo member.
    The converter is in the mail.
    The list has been passed along and the funds are rolling in.
    Looks like we might actually get going here soon.
    Does he also work on C4's? I may farm mine out just to help keep forward momentum going. I rebuilt it myself many moons ago and did a pretty good job but it's been sitting on the shelf for 20+ years so a good once over is the right move.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does he also work on C4's? I may farm mine out just to help keep forward momentum going. I rebuilt it myself many moons ago and did a pretty good job but it's been sitting on the shelf for 20+ years so a good once over is the right move.
    I will ask him. He is not brand specific. His shop does all makes/etc. He is located North west are of the state.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Just got a call on my GN. They have the wiring fixed and it's back together. The price was well into the high end of what I'd hoped for but talking to the mechanic, he fixed a lot more that what I melted down. They are going to get an estimate on fixing the exhaust leak and alignment. I'm hoping to get that done before I pick it up. The exhaust should be the crossover pipe or a cracked drivers side header. The crossover I can handle, the header will be a good job for them. I'll let them do either while they have it if not too many $'s. I'll be anxious to get it back in my garage.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh my just watched Carrol Shelby's 427 Cobra sell for 5.4 mil at the Mecum auction down in Kissimmee.
    That actually seems a little low for his documented personal car. Especially with the Bullitt Mustang getting what it did. Of course when you get into pockets that deep I have zero point of reference. C'mon Mega! C'mon Powerball!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just got a call on my GN. They have the wiring fixed and it's back together. The price was well into the high end of what I'd hoped for but talking to the mechanic, he fixed a lot more that what I melted down. They are going to get an estimate on fixing the exhaust leak and alignment. I'm hoping to get that done before I pick it up. The exhaust should be the crossover pipe or a cracked drivers side header. The crossover I can handle, the header will be a good job for them. I'll let them do either while they have it if not too many $'s. I'll be anxious to get it back in my garage.
    Man I bet you are missing it.

Top Bottom