• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Looking to buy a cheapish fun to drive car. I care more about the fun of driving than horsepower and numbers.

I'm thinking Miata, 350Z, what else do you recommend?

I woudn't be against a tame 5.0 Mustang if I could find one that hasn't been thrashed.
    Budget is always the biggest consideration. I’m a fan of the 99-04 Mustangs. Particularly 01-04 because of the better transmission. They’re cheap and everywhere and a lot of fun.
    FWD? RWD? Manual? Auto?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Budget is always the biggest consideration. I’m a fan of the 99-04 Mustangs. Particularly 01-04 because of the better transmission. They’re cheap and everywhere and a lot of fun.
    FWD? RWD? Manual? Auto?
    And pretty tame, most Foxbodies without a power adder were tame as well as 4th gen camaro or later 3rd gens were real fun also

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Looking to buy a cheapish fun to drive car. I care more about the fun of driving than horsepower and numbers.

I'm thinking Miata, 350Z, what else do you recommend?

I wouldn't be against a tame 5.0 Mustang if I could find one that hasn't been thrashed.

I came REAL close to buying a clean early Miata last summer from a guy down the street. I have a complete 5.0/T5 setup in the shop and they slip suprisingly easy into the Miata engine bay. Weight distribution is close to original specs. Think modern day Sunbeam Tiger! If my dance card weren't so full already . . . . . .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I came REAL close to buying a clean early Miata last summer from a guy down the street. I have a complete 5.0/T5 setup in the shop and they slip suprisingly easy into the Miata engine bay. Weight distribution is close to original specs. Think modern day Sunbeam Tiger! If my dance card weren't so full already . . . . . .
    But they are so...........Ugly.....:):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wow.....

Yeah I've run across this one before. Lot of work involved and it appears to be fairly well done but my opinion is that it falls into the "just because you can doesn't mean you should" category.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In todays episode of "What Now?" I ordered my SFC's for the Convert 2 years ago this April. Sometimes life gets in the way so. . . . just getting around to installing them. I've got the car on the rack, open the box and the wrong parts are in the box. The box is labeled for the correct parts but somebody at Global West affixed the wrong label to the contents. Currently in negotiations with them to do a straight up swap. Based on the torrent of emailed questions I'm guessing it isn't looking good for the home team.

Anybody need a set of Global West Subframe connectors for a 99-04 Mustang?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    In todays episode of "What Now?" I ordered my SFC's for the Convert 2 years ago this April. Sometimes life gets in the way so. . . . just getting around to installing them. I've got the car on the rack, open the box and the wrong parts are in the box. The box is labeled for the correct parts but somebody at Global West affixed the wrong label to the contents. Currently in negotiations with them to do a straight up swap. Based on the torrent of emailed questions I'm guessing it isn't looking good for the home team.

Anybody need a set of Global West Subframe connectors for a 99-04 Mustang?
    Hmmmmm....

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    FWD? RWD? Manual? Auto?
    I'm trying to stay under 7/8Gs.

Manual

RWD preferred but not a must (I do like Toyotas).

I went down a RX7/Supra wormhole online the other night. The generations before they got fast and popular are somewhat affordable.

Top Bottom