• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Heard from my tuner today. The Mustang put down 472whp NA after the supercharger removal. I feel like that dyno may be a little generous, but I have seen numerous 2018+ Mustang GT’s put down an easy 450whp with intake, exhaust, and a tune. So maybe with the super cold weather today 470hp isn’t that far off. One thing for sure is the new Coyote engines are ridiculous. The old Corvette made 100 less hp with the same mods, 50 more cubes, and an aftermarket cam. Technology man.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Heard from my tuner today. The Mustang put down 472whp NA after the supercharger removal. I feel like that dyno may be a little generous, but I have seen numerous 2018+ Mustang GT’s put down an easy 450whp with intake, exhaust, and a tune. So maybe with the super cold weather today 470hp isn’t that far off. One thing for sure is the new Coyote engines are ridiculous. The old Corvette made 100 less hp with the same mods, 50 more cubes, and an aftermarket cam. Technology man.
    That is impressive numbers, do you know if it had a cam swap or anything?
    Like you said it could have been a generous dyno, but the shape of the curve is what's more important.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That is impressive numbers, do you know if it had a cam swap or anything?
    Like you said it could have been a generous dyno, but the shape of the curve is what's more important.

It’s just a sealed Ford crate engine. Longtube headers, no cats in the x-pipe, aftermarket intake, and a 93 octane tune. 450+ whp is typical for those same mods on the 2018+ Mustang GT’s. 500hp to the tires on an E85 tune is common.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    For you facebook market place browsers. In my daily Camaro search I've noticed several new listings where only one picture is showing. This seems odd so I went back and looked at previous lists that I know had multiple pics. Some of them now only had one but some still have several pictures. Is anyone else noticing this issue or is it just me?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    For you facebook market place browsers. In my daily Camaro search I've noticed several new listings where only one picture is showing. This seems odd so I went back and looked at previous lists that I know had multiple pics. Some of them now only had one but some still have several pictures. Is anyone else noticing this issue or is it just me?
    I tend to shy away from FBM, it seems the concentration of scammers is higher there than CL at least on any items I've been interested enough to attempt contact. That and the fact that in spite of setting distance parameters for some reason it automatically expands the scope and before I know it they are showing me ads from Wyoming. Of course when I click on it it does pop up and say the item is outside the geographic range I've set.:dunno:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I've been waiting almost a month now for the upholstery shop to call and have me bring in the Galaxie so I can get the headliner and front and rear windshields reinstalled. While he's doing that the plan is to roll the convertible in and install the SFC's, Cobra IRS and Cobra front brakes. I also have a new engine waiting on a stand for the ragtop and wanted to get it installed before it warms up as well.

Decided yesterday that if we were going to meet that schedule then I'd have to get creative on my space management and get rolling on the ragtop projects so here we are:

shop galaxie-convertible 1.jpg

shop galaxie-convertible on lift.jpg

A "little" crowded in there now but we'll get by. I have a plan to be able to set the convertible on it's wheels when it's time to start installing the SFC's but for the time being the lift pads are right in the way of prep work I need to do before installation. I have two tall heavy duty jackstands that I use front and rear to stabilize the car while it's on the lift and I've seen people that use 4 of them to hold a car up but homey isn't too comfortable with that idea so I'll have to come up with another way.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well I've been waiting almost a month now for the upholstery shop to call and have me bring in the Galaxie so I can get the headliner and front and rear windshields reinstalled. While he's doing that the plan is to roll the convertible in and install the SFC's, Cobra IRS and Cobra front brakes. I also have a new engine waiting on a stand for the ragtop and wanted to get it installed before it warms up as well.

Decided yesterday that if we were going to meet that schedule then I'd have to get creative on my space management and get rolling on the ragtop projects so here we are:

View attachment 121285

View attachment 121286

A "little" crowded in there now but we'll get by. I have a plan to be able to set the convertible on it's wheels when it's time to start installing the SFC's but for the time being the lift pads are right in the way of prep work I need to do before installation. I have two tall heavy duty jackstands that I use front and rear to stabilize the car while it's on the lift and I've seen people that use 4 of them to hold a car up but homey isn't too comfortable with that idea so I'll have to come up with another way.
    Man I would give my right testicle to have a two-post lift like that. So awesome.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I should’ve documented the process with pics. Fail on my part, but yes the “new” engine is sitting in it’s home. Took all day and was pretty awful but we got it in there. I’ll spend the next few nights and weekends hooking everything back up.
    Good, you're on the downhill side of it now. :yesway:
    You got any broken bolts to fix or did everything come apart decent. Seems the exhaust always gets me, especially into aluminum

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Good, you're on the downhill side of it now. :yesway:
    You got any broken bolts to fix or did everything come apart decent. Seems the exhaust always gets me, especially into aluminum

Only stripped one bellhousing thread (aluminum block), but other than that it all went without much breakage. Yeah the exhaust bolts were pretty rough. They came out though with some persuasion.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Looking to buy a cheapish fun to drive car. I care more about the fun of driving than horsepower and numbers.

I'm thinking Miata, 350Z, what else do you recommend?

I woudn't be against a tame 5.0 Mustang if I could find one that hasn't been thrashed.

Top Bottom