• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I had a buddy of mine look at it a few months ago and I swear he said it was a 600 or 650. I'm thinking it's an Edelbrock, but I don't know exactly.

Boost? All of it. Basically, whatever makes 450+. Have a diesel turbo off an 05 Cummins. It should make 450 to the tires even through this stock 351. And honestly, if it makes less then it makes less. I'm happy with whatever it can make, so long as it runs well and doesn't try to blow up on me every pass.
    If it's an edelbrock you will need to mill off the air horn, seal up any holes, change the accelerator pump to the marine style, cut of the float and install one made of a different material than brass(can't think of what it is called)to the arm. And they do some milling underneath to pressurize the linkage shafts to keep fuel from blowing out. (I've only seen the grooves never done it). I'm sure there is more but I know that much for sure

Last edited:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    This is the write up that I found a few nights ago. Just need to grab that carb and figure out what's going on with it.
    What I'm unsure of - should I try to get the car running with the factory carb first and then modify the carb, or would I be good to go ahead and modify it now and run it NA at first?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    This is the write up that I found a few nights ago. Just need to grab that carb and figure out what's going on with it.
    What I'm unsure of - should I try to get the car running with the factory carb first and then modify the carb, or would I be good to go ahead and modify it now and run it NA at first?

That write up is for a Holley, an edelbrock/carter will be a different procedure.
    I would get it running N/A first just to verify everything is good to start with. If you jump straight to boost application and there is an issue it adds to the amount of things it could be.

Last edited:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    That right up is for a Holley, an edelbrock/carter will be a different procedure.
    I would get it running N/A first just to verify everything is good to start with. If you jump straight to boost application and there is an issue it adds to the amount of things it could be.
    My thoughts exactly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. She sure is Purty but damnit.

Power steering pump pully is 17/32's" off.
    Outa the box on a SB Chevy for crap sakes.
    1 hour on the phone and no answers.
    So tomorrow I get out the Vernier's and spin up the lathe.

And you would think the makers of this fine product would have a clue as to what belt sizes to buy. IMG_4498.jpg IMG_4497.jpg

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Looks like I'll be taking my son to Cleetus & Cars on May 1st at Lucas Oil Raceway.

I just heard than Matt from Demo Ranch will be there with the ElChromino!
    Yo, I'm buying some tickets off my buddy tonight. Wife and I are for sure going. I won't get there until 3ish, though. Helping a friend move.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    OK. She sure is Purty but damnit.

Power steering pump pully is 17/32's" off.
    Outa the box on a SB Chevy for crap sakes.
    1 hour on the phone and no answers.
    So tomorrow I get out the Vernier's and spin up the lathe.

And you would think the makers of this fine product would have a clue as to what belt sizes to buy. View attachment 135881 View attachment 135882
    CVF Racing? I used their stuff on the Galaxie, so far it's all fit very well although I stuck with V belts.

Picked up the Galaxie from the upholstery shop this afternoon, that new headliner looks GREAT. If you squint your eyes real tight when looking out over the hood you almost think the car is in better shape than it really is.:lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CVF Racing? I used their stuff on the Galaxie, so far it's all fit very well although I stuck with V belts.

Picked up the Galaxie from the upholstery shop this afternoon, that new headliner looks GREAT. If you squint your eyes real tight when looking out over the hood you almost think the car is in better shape than it really i

Billet Specialty's actually.

I should have went with the March system.

I figured out all the new spacers I need and got 1 spun up on the lathe this afternoon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a couple more spacers to turn out on the lathe. Once done I can measure for belts.
    Put the headers on with the gaskets. The torque converter has to be bolted to the flex plate and put the engine TDC #1.
    I have to figure out what plugs to run in this.

Once this is done we spin the frame around out in the driveway....back it in and the real fun starts.
    I have to take minimum 4"s out of the 12 bolt housing. Maybe more once I get everything laid out in front of me. I want to put more tire under the back but its a drop (convertible) and the package tray is not in this as the top goes in there. Only so much space i can rob outside the wheel wells.
    I spent some time under the body as it is up on stands.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Got to drive the Mustang a little more tonight. I'm thinking it needs new plugs from sitting all winter.
    Thoughts? How normal is it for something like that to cause an issue? When I figured out the issue with the tune at the end of last year, it felt like a monster. Well. Far better than it had all year. Now it feels a little off. Not quite a misfire, but maybe?

Need to figure out a couple of the water leaks.

Trying to find a place to rip around some corners. I'd like to rip around 144 at night, but my Lasik is uh... well, I have an appointment at the end of the month to see if I need a retreatment, and I think that's gonna be a yes.

Top Bottom