• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Cool!

Famous Colt 45 Mustang Fastback Funny Car #112233 - cars & trucks -... (craigslist.org)

Doesn't quite look like this anymore.

View attachment 121628

Some interesting views in the ad, Thankfully they sure don't build them like they used to!

Builder: You want a seat?
    Driver. Just the back, reminds me of my go kart

Builder: You want a harness?
    Driver: What for. I got all these bars around me, I'll be fine.

Builder: What brakes you want?
    Driver: Brakes, those things just slow you down, I plan on going fast.

This is Ricky Bobby's drag car.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm trying to stay under 7/8Gs.

Manual

RWD preferred but not a must (I do like Toyotas).

I went down a RX7/Supra wormhole online the other night. The generations before they got fast and popular are somewhat affordable.
    i got a buddy that has a SBC swapped RX8 he may sell?
    Nevermind i didn't pay attention to ths 7/8gs

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'm trying to stay under 7/8Gs.

Manual

RWD preferred but not a must (I do like Toyotas).

I went down a RX7/Supra wormhole online the other night. The generations before they got fast and popular are somewhat affordable.

7-8K is definitely a sweet spot for the 99-04 Mustangs or 4th Gen 98-02 Camaro’s if you want to stay GM/LS. Not enough for an S2000 unless it’s a real beater. I’m not a convertible guy personally but there’s a thousand Miata’s in that range. All depends on what kind of fun you want out of it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Whilst waiting on the correct SFC's to arrive I've been working on getting the car ready for the installation. Seems the Fox convertibles have gusset plates and angle iron pop riveted to the rocker panels and frame rails. They all need to come out to facilitate a proper strengthening system like SFC's. Ford only used about a billion rivets installing these parts. I'll finish drilling out all of the rivets tonight and pull the rocker skirts off and clean up any discoveries which should be relatively few and wait for Big Brown to show up.

You'd think a major manufacturer would know bolting or pop riveting in "strengthening" devices was pretty much useless.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whilst waiting on the correct SFC's to arrive I've been working on getting the car ready for the installation. Seems the Fox convertibles have gusset plates and angle iron pop riveted to the rocker panels and frame rails. They all need to come out to facilitate a proper strengthening system like SFC's. Ford only used about a billion rivets installing these parts. I'll finish drilling out all of the rivets tonight and pull the rocker skirts off and clean up any discoveries which should be relatively few and wait for Big Brown to show up.

You'd think a major manufacturer would know bolting or pop riveting in "strengthening" devices was pretty much useless.
    Just live past the warr. Thats all that matters anymore.
    You should expect this in a unitized body rag top.....:):

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Looks like the GN is going to be done today. I'll be heading down to Evansville to pick it up in the morning. Exciting times. Expensive times too! I was planning on a buddy flying me down and driving it back but he got forced into work tomorrow. Looks like we're trailering it back.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Dang, really low fluid cause it, or slipping so bad it couldn't cool?,
    Im guessing that a plugged cooler alone wouldn't cause it to get that hot
    Cooler plugged solid. Hard to say if that happened after burning it up or that is the cause of it being burnt.
    Definitely top 5 in my career for most fd up trans to rebuild
    It's out of an 01 BMW 740i

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Now I'm curious as to what #1 is?
    It's a toss up between 2.

One, someone fd up and put engine oil in the trans. It was driven for a decent period of time, enough that the oil looked like the sludge you'd find in a severely neglected engine. Took forever to get all the crap out of every nook and cranny. That one was a trans out of a Caravan. 6 speed (6T2E)

The other that comes close is another severely overheated trans that melted the filter, internal harness, and every seal and plastic part (think washers and solenoid connectors) in the trans. That one was a 4l60e out of a Chevy pick up

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rolled north for car/truck parts today. Met some very cool car guys.
    Took this quick pick of a chevy truck I have no idea the year but it is all original steel no rust tight piece. Well done and the mouse wants it. Bad.

LS all you want. 383 old school with the vaunted T-ram. I want it.....:):

IMG_4083.jpg IMG_4082.jpg

Top Bottom