• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Randy i hope you got in on DDD yesterday!

My AMD is kinda sputtering. I day traded PLUG puts today. when it crashed this morning I sold two puts, it recovered and I closed them. then it retreated and I sold again. not too shabby.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    wow, nice pop! I saw that talked about somewhere.

PECK is another intriguing one. I heard about it two days ago and it popped today. never make a play on it

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I got drilled this week. Never had a week of so much emotion on my part. Sold covered calls on CNET to dig out and then it run in PM, so I was unable to buy the calls and sell the stock, missed thousands to profit hundreds. ADXS I was down $30,000.....made it all back the last couple of weeks and was up $20,000 and my idiot self is down $9000 on it again. I should have sold it all and locked in, but got greedy and came back for more. I promise you I wont make that mistake if ever given another chance. NRZ just killed me this week. TRVN dogged me again. Thinking about selling my stock and just starting to play option spreads for profit. I bought and sold SPY calls Wednesday, made 100% on first 2 trades then got greedy and went in big thinking SPY would dump before close, never dropped lost 100% of what I made and 100% of my final trade.

I was up about 13% for the year after 6 days in 2021.......was up about 20%+ for the year on Tuesday pre market.....I am now up about 10% YTD. Makes me sick....gave back half my earnings in 2 days.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    today was rough also. lost all of the gains from last two days.

TRVN I'm trading Feb 2.5 calls, sell at 0.2 and buy back at 0.15. not glamorous, but it has been paying.

did put spreads on several stocks that tanked a minute after they got filled. I even waited a bit to make sure market was stable. then kaput

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If you need a good investment knee slapper with morning coffee, here's high comedy, especially the part about climate change.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    As long as the fed is printing money and keeping interest rates low we will stay in a bull market. Money is rotating into the small caps most my recent wins have been clean energy and EV related PLUG BLNK POLA HEXO. Anyone looking for ideas on options and equity I highly recommend Spartan Trading. I'm in the swing trade group the guy has a gift worth taking a look in my opinion. I continue to add to my position from the early covid casualties. AAL, NCLH, these will run one day. NAIL a homebuilders ETF has been range bound with some good predictability buy 42 range sell 52 range rinse repeat.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think we rally this week, but who knows. I am changing my strategy this week. I am going into selling options mode. I was reading today that 9 out of 10 puts and calls bought expire worthless......think I will try the selling side for a bit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think we rally this week, but who knows. I am changing my strategy this week. I am going into selling options mode. I was reading today that 9 out of 10 puts and calls bought expire worthless......think I will try the selling side for a bit.
    yeah, I heard 85% of written contracts expire worthless. I have a lot of contracts expiring Friday. I really need AMD to go up a few points

today was a good day. AMD still has some work to do for me by Friday.

I realized I was getting too wild and crazy and am trying to reign it in. I bought 100 shares of TAN and sold a covered call for Friday. $1.10 premium on a $113 stock in 3 days. nearly 1%. that was a $119 strike. with any luck I'll keep selling OTM puts and ride a slow gain in the shares.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom