• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I take great pleasure in announcing Riley Conservation Club as the host facility for the International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association (IHMSA) 2022 National Championship. The event dates are July 8-13. Public is invited to attend as spectators. This will be our first major event under our new (read massive), 24' x 120' covered firing line with an additional 520 sq foot staging area. We have 24 shooting lanes, each are five feet wide.

Handgun silhouette has been around since the late 1970's, and Indiana Gun Club hosted the International Championship in 1983. While the number of competitors has declined, the skill level has greatly advanced. Rimfire events have steel knockdown targets at 25-100 yards, and centerfire guns will shoot from 50 meters to 200 yards. Both freestyle and standing events will be contested, and specialty pistols with extreme accuracy (both gun and shooter) will rule the events. Many rimfire and centerfire handguns in use will be capable of sub MOA accuracy. No artificial rests are allowed, all guns must be supported by only the shooter.

We have over 250 guns pre-registered, and air pistol (not pre-registered) will add more. This will be the largest sanctioned handgun silhouette match in the US this year.

Many thanks to our sponsors:
    Forster Products
    Sierra Bullets
    Hornady
    Nosler Inc.
    Krieger Barrels
    Starline Brass
    Sightron
    Champion Choice
    Freedom Arms
    Powder Valley Inc.

If you have an interest in observing this event, post here or shoot me a pm and I'll fill you in on details.

Rich Hawkins
    Match Director

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Guilty.

My most notable achievement was in chasing the smallbore 4-gun aggregate record. It was set in 1994, I broke it at the 2010 World Championship, and my record lasted a whopping 40 minutes. The most prolific silo shooter in history was in attendance, it was our first time in going head to head with each other. He was 2 relays behind me. I set three records that week, only to come in second behind the eventual record holder. BTW, his records still stand. Great guy, more power to him.

Now, my biggest pride comes in hosting events, perhaps shooting some top tier scores, and spotting/coaching for my daughter and granddaughter, both of whom are entered in this event.

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    This is designed for members and active participants in IHMSA, random shooters aren't eligible due to participation and classification rules. If you want to participate, I'd have to look up the rules regarding participation requirements. Either way, without current (2021-2022) classification, you would be placed in the highest skill class. If you're interested in doing that as a walk-on, pm me. Current IHMSA shooters have been signing up since Feb via the IHMSA website.
    Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A quick follow up to this post

We finished with 266 entries from 9 states. The local 4H club provided most of the target setting & painting duties, after finding their groove they kept us ahead of schedule much of the time. Indiana was well represented with 35 entries, and 2 of our shooters won 6 of the 26 categories.

Of special note is Jasper resident Chris Kuhs. Chris returned to the sport after participating in only a handful of matches over the last 25 years. Using borrowed equipment and ammo, Chris won High Lady in all three of her events and was second overall in the vaunted Big Bore Half Scale with a 57x60 in only her second attempt in the category, cleaning the 200 yard stage. She set a great example for her daughter Gabby, age 11, who surpassed her personal goal with a 53x60 in a smallbore event.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom