Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    "...Chagoury, with the assistance of Baaklini and other associates, ran a complicated and illegal scheme funneling foreign money into U.S. elections. According to prosecutors, Chagoury provided $180,000 to individuals in the U.S. who gave the money to four federal political candidates from 2012 through 2016. Those candidates aren't named..."

"...LaHood wasn't involved in that scheme, prosecutors said..."

"...In a non-prosecution agreement signed in December 2019, LaHood agreed to cooperate with the government's investigation, repaid the $50,000, and paid a $40,000 fine...."

So:

1) "Not involved" in foreign election tampering.
    2) Pays a fine.
    3) No jail time for misleading the FBI.

Nothing to see here! :xmad:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    See I thought lying to the FBI was like literally treason or something... :rolleyes:

Not a crime when their team does it.
    Exactly. Paging General Flynn.

I would add that LaHood's stated excuse for failurd to report this twice when he was required to do so is the he didn't want to be publicly associated with the man. That stands in evidence that LaHood knew good and well he was involved with a bad actor.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'd rather spend that time with Eric Holder, and make sure every victim of the cartels he forced FFLs to sell guns to, saw justice.
    Holder would be a close second for me. LaHood did things that ****ed with me all day every day I worked.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'll never forget the day Ray LaHood, during the Toyota unintended acceleration events, told the nation that their Toyota vehicles were unsafe and they should not drive them and take them to the dealer. Everyone nationwide working as a service advisor, assistant service manager or service manager at a Toyota dealership earned their salary for the year in about 5 hours. He issued a clarifying statement for the 5:00 news, a retraction if you will, to tamp down the flames of the fire he started with his statement that led the noon news. He is absolutely the worst Secretary of Transportation ever.

IndyDave1776 has my deepest sympathy as I am certain the trucking industry had it much worse for much longer. Thes swamp creatures, like LaHood, have almost no ability to understand the lives and livelihoods of the peaople that do the heavy lifting creating the nations GDP.

Top Bottom