RareBreed FRT trigger declared a machinegun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    View attachment 157291 View attachment 157292
    Don't worry everyone, Rarebreed is fighting their legal battle and BDU took the opportunity to seemingly infringe on their patent. There's is cast instead of machined/EDMd. It's $30 cheaper, $80 if you pay their subscription. And they proudly boast "Available for a limited time" at the top of the page.
    Seems like someone is trying to capitalize off of RB being busy with the Feds to turn a quick buck.
    Your assessment is correct. And I wouldn't buy anything from BigDaddyUnlimited.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Only has a 10k rd warranty. 10 cases and no warranty. I doubt it would last that long. 334 30rd magazines.

I know a guy that bought five of the FRT triggers, and has had three triggers fail at under 200 rounds. They sell spring replacement kits that you can install, but Rare Breed doesn't guarantee ANY round count from theirs.

I don't know much about BDU, but RB owes him a couple springs. Just saying.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I know a guy that bought five of the FRT triggers, and has had three triggers fail at under 200 rounds. They sell spring replacement kits that you can install, but Rare Breed doesn't guarantee ANY round count from theirs.

I don't know much about BDU, but RB owes him a couple springs. Just saying.
    1468A970-11F1-4F9D-9372-050F277E63A6.jpeg
    A dozen of them are like $5 from McMaster Carr. Modification of the locking bar makes it a nonissue.
    There's even a mod involving a bolt catch detent and spring that works really well. TOO BAD I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO TRY IT BECAUSE MINE IS GONE.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    Never approved and approval is not mandatory by law. People buying "ify" items just like to know the product had consent from atf lords to be produced. Multiple other companies make a trigger almost identical to the rare breed just in case anyone wants to look them up.

Top Bottom