• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    INGOers, the time has come. I went to the dark side and bought a railed 1911, so my V-12 has to go to fund the purchase. It's a great gun, I just couldn't afford to keep both and my want for a rail gun got the best of me. So without further ado, here is the info on my Springer.

I'm the second owner. The first owner barely shot the thing, seemed like a safe queen. I acquired it in 2008 and I've put around 2.5-3K through it myself. It shoots great (the porting really works!) and is quite reliable as long as you stay away from wadcutters and use good mags. It loves Chip Power Mags. The polished stainless flats are in great condition, while the matte surfaces have a bit of holster/use wear as Springer 1911's typically exhibit.

The gun comes with: original blue plastic case and papers, original mags (2), original three hole aluminum trigger, original mainspring housing, original wood grips. It ALSO comes with the Smith & Alexander magwell I installed, the Cylinder & Slide short solid aluminum trigger I installed, and the Ergo XT grips. In short you'll get it with the mods pictured* and the original parts should you wish to put the gun back to stock form.

Caveats: the C&S trigger fits great, but won't quite engage the grip safety. If having a non-functioning grip safety bothers you I (or you) can easily put the original three hole trigger back in that the gun functions fine with. Also, the Harrison Design rear sight I fitted was fitted just a tad loose and came loose at my last range visit :(. In light of that I'll be putting the original LPA cut adjustable rear sight back on, although I didn't have time to snap pictures so the rear sight you see here is NOT on the gun anymore.

Finally I'm located in Indy, but wouldn't be opposed to meeting somewhere reasonable if the price is right. I will need to see a valid license and carry permit. I would prefer to go through an FFL, but we can talk about that over PM's--it's not a hard condition of sale by any means.

PRICE: As for price, one of these just went for $1,150 on GunBroker (don't believe me? Here you go: SPRINGFIELD 1911 CUSTOM LOADED V-12 PORTED SS : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com). Frankly I'm not looking for anywhere close to that. Ideally I would like $950, but I'm open to flexing some. Might even throw in a few 1911 accessories for a good buyer. Honestly for Springfield fans or 1911 fans, you're getting a pretty sweet rare 1911 that Springer doesn't make anymore, with good additions, for a good price.

Pics:
    WP_20130214_001.jpg

WP_20130214_002.jpg

WP_20130214_003.jpg

WP_20130214_004.jpg

WP_20130214_005.jpg

Sold Pending Funds!

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom