• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Just over a month ago Rare Breed Firearms out of Florida released their semi automatic FRT-15 trigger. FRT which stand for Forced Reset Trigger. The performance of this trigger is most impressive, and sure to tick-off the ATF. I have recently purchased one and plan to do a review of it this Friday.

Recoil TV Review

Rare Breed FRT15.jpg

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Oh I signed up. Just screwed since I am at work and there isn't any wifi where I have my desk. Not too bad on the factory floor but I am too busy to check every e-mail plus my boss actually expects me to work while I am there!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    My sole intention was to get this trigger for my suppressed 9mm AR15, and it works very well. My gun is a Rock River Arms LAR9 SBR purchased back in 2005ish. This gun uses Colt SMG / Uzi mags, and came with a non-ramped bolt. It would appear that the FRT trigger will only work with non ramped bolts. The hammer of the FRT trigger is not as tall as the hammer of a standard AR which is the height the ramped 9mm bolts are designed to work with. A ramped 9mm bolt strikes the hammer at a HIGHER point than than a non ramped. Because it strikes higher and resets the trigger at a different point this timing is not compatibility with the shorter hammer of the FRT.

OBSERVATIONS:
    *Traditional AR triggers have a short reset, the FRT-15 trigger functions without the use of a disconnector, and exploits a even shorter reset.

*The harder you squeeze the trigger the more likely you are to stall the travel of the bolt.

* Faster ROF with PCC, and lighter buffer

*This trigger reminds me of the "Response Trigger" on the Tippmann A5 paintball gun.

IMPROVEMENTS
    * Re-design with a 3rd position ( Safe, Semi , FRS ) selector would be better.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    How much different is that trigger versus this one?

Binary triggers allow the gun to fire on the pull and the release. The forced reset feature of the FRT15 trigger allows the shooter to maintain light rearward pressure resulting in rapid manual trigger manipulation to simulate automatic fire. There is a slow motion video of this triggers function on Rare Breeds website. I will be doing a slow motion video of this triggers function here in a few days.

sigshoot

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 14, 2015
    Cicero
    Are there many people on this site or sites like this looking for this specific trigger assy? I’m just curious because I ended up ordering more than I needed a while back before anyone new about these and would like to find a source to liquidate them. thanks for any advice.

Top Bottom