• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

Rapper Dom Kennedy was denied a CCW license, then was arrested for carrying.

"Dom Kennedy and Matthews want the gun licensing scheme to be declared unconstitutional. They seek to have their arrests – and others like them – be ruled null and void." quote from the following article:

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Isn't there a may issue lawsuit in front of the USSC already?

Searching, it looks like it is NY that is being sued.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Rapper Dom Kennedy was denied a CCW license, then was arrested for carrying.

"Dom Kennedy and Matthews want the gun licensing scheme to be declared unconstitutional. They seek to have their arrests – and others like them – be ruled null and void." quote from the following article:

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

I wish him nothing but the best in this endeavor.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Isn't there a may issue lawsuit in front of the USSC already?

Searching, it looks like it is NY that is being sued.
    Just reading what you guys have posted here (not any of the articles attached) it sounds like the NY case is seeking to get rid of "may issue", while this rapper dude wants to have the entire permit process declared unConstitutional (which it is)

If my read is correct and if the SCOTUS takes the case, and IF it goes in our favor, that might almost be bigger than the current Dobbs case.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just reading what you guys have posted here (not any of the articles attached) it sounds like the NY case is seeking to get rid of "may issue", while this rapper dude wants to have the entire permit process declared unConstitutional (which it is)

If my read is correct and if the SCOTUS takes the case, and IF it goes in our favor, that might almost be bigger than the current Dobbs case.
    I believe the justices made comments along the lines of licensing being OK.

Striking down May issue would be a huge win though. Most of the big D states are may issue, and they give out very few licenses. I'm sure there will be further fights down the line as those states then try to erect other barriers.

I think would probably have taken case of this guy's issue. In a shall issue situation, he might have been able to have gotten a license.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I believe the justices made comments along the lines of licensing being OK.

Striking down May issue would be a huge win though. Most of the big D states are may issue, and they give out very few licenses. I'm sure there will be further fights down the line as those states then try to erect other barriers.

I think would probably have taken case of this guy's issue. In a shall issue situation, he might have been able to have gotten a license.
    You made me curious so I went and looked.... I used to keep track and knew off top of my head which states were which. There are only 8 US States that are still "may issue". Only DE and CA are "may issue" and only to residents.

On paper, NY, NJ, MD, CT, HI, and MA are "may issue" for residents and non-residents. The reality, I understand, is quite different than what it looks like on paper.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I am still amazed that IL went shall issue when they finally gave in.

Looks like HI is the worst. Everything I see says they have issued 0 licenses

Top Bottom