• ...and so much more!
  • bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    Good morning all!

As a recent transplant to the Hoosier state, I'm trying to find a new range to frequent near where I live. I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I ran a quick search and came up empty handed.

What range facilities are available in or near Wells County? I would prefer an outdoor range, and don't mind paying dues. A longer 300+ yard range would be a huge plus.

Thanks for the help!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Good morning all!

As a recent transplant to the Hoosier state, I'm trying to find a new range to frequent near where I live. I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I ran a quick search and came up empty handed.

What range facilities are available in or near Wells County? I would prefer an outdoor range, and don't mind paying dues. A longer 300+ yard range would be a huge plus.

Thanks for the help!
    A DNR search perhaps, ranges are hard to predict whether you experience will be positive or not.

Where is Wells county? if I recall Winamac had a nice ramge.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Good morning all!

Thanks for the help!
    If I am correct Wells county is south of Fort Wayne? As was mentioned before... Winamac FWA has an awesome outdoor range that is free, However, I would hesitate to call it "near" Wells county though?

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Roush Lake range is close, I went there a lot when I lived in Ossian. There used to be a 100 yd range at the Ossian Conservation Club, but I haven't been there since I moved back to Fort Wayne. Depending on which part of the county you are in, Hillside in Roanoke might not be too far.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    More or less in order of increasing driving distance:

Wells County Conservation Club (don't know anything about them...), Ossian

Roush Lake/DNR, Huntington (100 yard max)

Hillside, Roanoke (up to 1000 with qualification)

Izaak Walton, Huntington (100 yard max)

Antwerp Conservation Club, Ohio (300 yard max)

Bass and Bucks, Wabash (750 max - I think - been a loooong time since I shoot here)

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Roush Lake can be busy on weekends with nice weather, doesn't cost much.

Hillside requires yearly membership and to qualify for greater than 200yd. 200yd max for daily fee(non member).

bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    Thanks for the information, everyone. Much appreciated!

I'm in Ossian, which is pretty much directly south of Ft. Wayne about 20 miles or so from the city. Nice, quiet area.

I'll start looking into some of the options presented early this week.

A few folks mention qualifications at Hillside... What exactly does that entail?

Top Bottom