• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Hate to hear about the Covid , glad you are feeling much better. Some good shooting with the CZs! I've not shot any of my 9mms in a while. My SIG P226 and Glock 34 are my best shooting 9mms.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hate to hear about the Covid , glad you are feeling much better. Some good shooting with the CZs! I've not shot any of my 9mms in a while. My SIG P226 and Glock 34 are my best shooting 9mms.
    My wife got it 4 days after I did.
    The the good news is that she started smiling at me again Sunday & by Monday she really improved.
    We had both our birthdays the last 2 Sundays which was the wife's worst birthday in 50 yrs, since she tested positive for Covid the day before!

The CZs do put a smile on my face & I'm glad I've held onto both of them.
    I've not had the Glock 34 or a Sig 226.
    If you have any range pics, post them for fun!

Rami pic.jpg
    left side ad pic Rami.jpg pic of Shadow 2 with Tungsten Cerakote finish.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    My wife got it 4 days after I did.
    The the good news is that she started smiling at me again Sunday & by Monday she really improved.
    We had both our birthdays the last 2 Sundays which was the wife's worst birthday in 50 yrs, since she tested positive for Covid the day before!

The CZs do put a smile on my face & I'm glad I've held onto both of them.
    I've not had the Glock 34 or a Sig 226.
    If you have any range pics, post them for fun!

Great to hear your wife felt so much better from Sunday to Monday! I tested positive last January and just felt totally drained like I was running on 10% power.

Those CZs look great , really like the Shadow with the SA trigger. I would definitely hold onto to them! I need to take out my P226 , shot this last March shortly after buying the P226. Even though the group is right a little still the best target I have shot at 50 yards with a 9mm. Not shown in the picture is the optics slide with Romeo 1 Pro.
    11 226 at 50.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Great to hear your wife felt so much better from Sunday to Monday! I tested positive last January and just felt totally drained like I was running on 10% power.

Those CZs look great , really like the Shadow with the SA trigger. I would definitely hold onto to them! I need to take out my P226 , shot this last March shortly after buying the P226. Even though the group is right a little still the best target I have shot at 50 yards with a 9mm. Not shown in the picture is the optics slide with Romeo 1 Pro.
    View attachment 243665
    50 yds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had a blast today shooting 4 of Zachcz's pistols.
    Two were the Palmetto Dagger, that I've shot before, but with a new front sight
    &
    a Glock 43, which it has been years sent I've owned one.

On the top row, the Dagger continues to shoot well.
    If I spent more time with it, I'd get all rounds in the red 1.75" x 2.75", but I didn't want to use much of my 9mm supply up.

In the middle, the Glock 43 shot fine for 1st rounds & with more targets, I could do better.

On the bottom left, the Taurus GX4 green slide with the black slide on the bottom right.
    I recently bought the green slide from Zachcz, just b/c I like green, haha!
    I'll sell the GX4 with black slide after having my fun comparing both.
    Range 01.27.2023 Palmetto Dagger & Glock 43 & 2 Taurus GX4.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    &

On the top row, the Dagger continues to shoot well.
    If I spent more time with it, I'd get all rounds in the red 1.75" x 2.75", but I didn't want to use much of my 9mm supply up.

In the middle, the Glock 43 shot fine for 1st rounds & with more targets, I could do better.

On the bottom left, the Taurus GX4 green slide with the black slide on the bottom right.
    I recently bought the green slide from Zachcz, just b/c I like green, haha!
    I'll sell the GX4 with black slide after having my fun comparing both.
    View attachment 251111
    No beauty pictures of the guns propped on the shooting bags? This is a travesty

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    &
    Came close to buying a G43 not long after they came out but ended up with a Smith Shield instead. Since that time I have added a P365X and Glock 43X MOS. Both now have identical Holosun sights and I plan to have an accuracy shoot off between them once I get around to loading up some 9mm.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Only thirty days to go, no more Fishers to the southside for me soon. So, I will miss Parabellums range and lunch special 12-2 weekdays with a free target for only $8.
    I have also been to Range USA in Carmel, on Thursdays and its $15 a session., bring your own or buy targets.
    But their yearly shooting records update fee turns me off, and the range ammo like everywhere else it seems is outrageous. The best I could do is stop at the Avon Rural King and see if they had any reasonably priced ammunition.
    So, since I will soon be joining the "doddg club" with SS, Military, and Federal pension. money only coming in to support my habit, I needed to find less expensive 9 and .40.
    The "Boss" at home says go shoot once a month, not twice a month like your pre Covid years.
    Hmm what to do?!?
    Well, some have said, Indy Arms was a good place to go, so on Friday I packed up a Glock-26 Lonewolf 9mm hybrid, I got from a fine FT Wayne member here, and headed down I-69 and Binford Blvd to check them out.
    Not a bad range, $10 M-F 10-2, special, nice!
    Ammunition I saw was $31 a box of 9mm, so I will have to shop around or buy in bulk when I can find it sub $20 a box.
    Recoilgunworks has some ammo specials going on, and Free Shipping to old Veterans like me.
    I got two boxes delivered in two days of Federal 115 gr JHP (9BP) at $22 ea. (+) tax.
    Anyway, on to the show, I took a box of Herters 115 gr 9mm in and the range was well lit and nice, placed my target out to 20 feet, and started to blast away.
    Doing 10 rd strings I quickly noticed A I had one fail to extract jam, and that my Ameriglo Bold rear sight was about to fall off the slide.
    I had gotten them in October during the GSSF match at the Atlanta Conservation club. The installer said my dovetail was a bit big, and put in a shim, but that he did not have any blue Loctite to use.
    Well, I squeezed the sight back on straight, ad finished the box, but had another failure to extract.
    I think it was ammo related, as it has never hiccupped before.
    Ten minutes left and an x tra target I brought along, I then got out my trusty old Gen3 Glock-22 .40 service weapon and put three magazines of Winchester 165 gr FMJ.40 downrange during the time I had left, with no issues whatsoever.
    My only other issue at Indy Arms was no table to hold your range bag and stuff while you shoot. I could and did hang up my heavy winter coat.
    Back home, I cleaned both pistols of course and re centered the Ameriglo Bold rear sight on its shim in the rear sight dovetail.
    I have one more box of the Herters 9mm FMJ, and since February is next week, I will return with the Hybrid, a couple different magazines, and see if I have any jams and if the rear sight stays on.
    Maybe my Gen 2 G-23 wants to go too ?!?
    Stay tuned...................us retired folks may show up at a range near you once a month!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Only thirty days to go, no more Fishers to the southside for me soon. So, I will miss Parabellums range and lunch special 12-2 weekdays with a free target for only $8.
    I have also been to Range USA in Carmel, on Thursdays and its $15 a session., bring your own or buy targets.
    But their yearly shooting records update fee turns me off, and the range ammo like everywhere else it seems is outrageous. The best I could do is stop at the Avon Rural King and see if they had any reasonably priced ammunition.
    So, since I will soon be joining the "doddg club" with SS, Military, and Federal pension. money only coming in to support my habit, I needed to find less expensive 9 and .40.
    The "Boss" at home says go shoot once a month, not twice a month like your pre Covid years.
    Hmm what to do?!?
    Well, some have said, Indy Arms was a good place to go, so on Friday I packed up a Glock-26 Lonewolf 9mm hybrid, I got from a fine FT Wayne member here, and headed down I-69 and Binford Blvd to check them out.
    Not a bad range, $10 M-F 10-2, special, nice!
    Ammunition I saw was $31 a box of 9mm, so I will have to shop around or buy in bulk when I can find it sub $20 a box.
    Recoilgunworks has some ammo specials going on, and Free Shipping to old Veterans like me.
    I got two boxes delivered in two days of Federal 115 gr JHP (9BP) at $22 ea. (+) tax.
    Anyway, on to the show, I took a box of Herters 115 gr 9mm in and the range was well lit and nice, placed my target out to 20 feet, and started to blast away.
    Doing 10 rd strings I quickly noticed A I had one fail to extract jam, and that my Ameriglo Bold rear sight was about to fall off the slide.
    I had gotten them in October during the GSSF match at the Atlanta Conservation club. The installer said my dovetail was a bit big, and put in a shim, but that he did not have any blue Loctite to use.
    Well, I squeezed the sight back on straight, ad finished the box, but had another failure to extract.
    I think it was ammo related, as it has never hiccupped before.
    Ten minutes left and an x tra target I brought along, I then got out my trusty old Gen3 Glock-22 .40 service weapon and put three magazines of Winchester 165 gr FMJ.40 downrange during the time I had left, with no issues whatsoever.
    My only other issue at Indy Arms was no table to hold your range bag and stuff while you shoot. I could and did hang up my heavy winter coat.
    Back home, I cleaned both pistols of course and re centered the Ameriglo Bold rear sight on its shim in the rear sight dovetail.
    I have one more box of the Herters 9mm FMJ, and since February is next week, I will return with the Hybrid, a couple different magazines, and see if I have any jams and if the rear sight stays on.
    Maybe my Gen 2 G-23 wants to go too ?!?
    Stay tuned...................us retired folks may show up at a range near you once a month!
    Aeammo in greenwood is a site supporter here. They are selling 1k rounds of Norma 9mm for 250. May be worth checking out. I’ve had a lot of problems with Herters 22 and with a super small sample size of one box in 9mm but had some problems with it as well. Don’t recall exactly what it was but was enough for me to swear off the brand and haven’t used since.

Once you’re fully vested in the doddg club you’ll have full access to my collection and can swing by and take whatever you want to the range. Fairly certain lately he’s shot my things more than his own. Maybe that’s the key to retirement. He’s sold all his without telling me and is relying on me!!!!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks, I can only afford to shoot 100 rds once a month!
    Those $7.49 a box of Remington 9mm back in the pre covid years, when they still sold it Wal-Mart days are long gone.
    I hope blue loctite , holds the rear sight on now.
    F0EFD061-F5C1-42B9-BA94-09DB0DB3622D.jpeg
    C5C03613-4BFC-4C88-B772-029CBBB7ED29.jpeg

Attachments

• 4E70F5C0-5855-4924-B7A3-DDFB1764D1D2.jpeg
      4E70F5C0-5855-4924-B7A3-DDFB1764D1D2.jpeg
      392.9 KB · Views: 2

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Those $7.49 a box of Remington 9mm back in the pre covid years, when they still sold it Wal-Mart days are long gone.
    View attachment 251442
    View attachment 251451
    You may wanna check out grayfox munitions. They are in southeast side and very reasonable prices on their factory reloads

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    View attachment 251442
    View attachment 251451
    Probably going to need something a little stronger than blue! Been there; done that!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    View attachment 251442
    View attachment 251451
    Tighten the dovetail. If the rear sight is within tolerance you have a couple of options. Be cautious however, I have experienced a bad Trueglo front sight that was not manufactured to spec. You don't want to tighten a dovetail on a sight that is undersized.

One, use a center punch to cause a dimple on the bottom of the sight with raised material on the outer rim of the dimple on each end of the sight. Not my favorite, but can work.

With the slide off the frame, and on a solid supported surface. Use a POLISHED 4 oz ballpeen hammer to evenly work down the forward and aft edges of the dove tail opening in the slide. This requires care, but can be more effective. A light touch with many strikes is preferable to wailing on it with a few strikes. ( I recently had to do this to a Ruger LC9S rear dovetail, worked great)

You may want to check out Tim's Shooting Academy off IN 32 just west of US31. (You might be able to come across 116th street, then go up 31) They have a weekdays limited hours only membership, which is lower cost than their anytime membership. (Individual Weekday Membership – $250.00 (Monday Through Friday, 10AM – 4PM ONLY))

I really recommend buying ammo in bulk for the savings. I purchase 9mm in 1,000 round lots. If you monitor AEAmmo, AmmoSeek.com and a few other selected sites for pricing and shipping, you can drive your or round cost down quite a bit. As an example back in October I purchased 1000 rnds of CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket for $304.95 to the door. That works out to $15.25 per 50 rounds including tax. It has gotten cheaper since then.

I wish you the very best. And thank you for your service

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thank you, as I mentioned earlier, I got some Federal 9mm 9BP 115 gr JHP for $22.99 a box (brass cased) (+) tax, from Recoilgunworks in Salem IN.
    As a Veteran shipping was free. Took only two days to Fishers.
    Not the best JHP out there, but reasonable. I have used a lot of it back in the day and it was pretty accurate.
    Currently I see Blazer brass 115 or 224 9mm for $11.99 a box on their website.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thank you, as I mentioned earlier, I got some Federal 9mm 9BP 115 gr JHP for $22.99 a box (brass cased) (+) tax, from Recoilgunworks in Salem IN.
    As a Veteran shipping was free. Took only two days to Fishers.
    Not the best JHP out there, but reasonable. I have used a lot of it back in the day and it was pretty accurate.
    Currently I see Blazer brass 115 or 224 9mm for $11.99 a box on their website.
    They don't do any business out of a storefront if I'm not mistaken. They only do online sales and ship. Is that right?

Top Bottom