• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If I had not already bought a P365 and P365X I would seriously consider adding a Shield Plus.

I have one of the 1st generation Shields in 9mm and it is a pleasure to shoot. Liked it so much I bought the 45 version when it came out. The 45 has an even better trigger than my original Shield and very good accuracy.
    This is my 5th Shield, I believe.
    The Shield 45 was one of my favorite guns & I would have kept it but I couldn't use it with ankle carry, but I could use a Shield 9 I had & I was probably in a caliber trimming mode at the time.
    I can hardly even reach my ankles now & realize ankle CC is for an emergency back up.
    I was young then: 4 yrs ago, haha!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is my 5th Shield, I believe.
    The Shield 45 was one of my favorite guns & I would have kept it but I couldn't use it with ankle carry, but I could use a Shield 9 I had & I was probably in a caliber trimming mode at the time.
    I can hardly even reach my ankles now & realize ankle CC is for an emergency back up.
    I was young then: 4 yrs ago, haha!
    Still carry my Shield 45acp. It's a great pistol. Good trigger, accurate and reliable.
    Oh and it's the only plastic gun my dad has said he likes.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Any decent medium sized defense pistol should be able to shoot 3" groups at 25 YARDS! The subcompacts should be able to shoot similar sized groups at 15 YARDS! Why waste ammo at these shorter distances from the bench? Stand on your hind legs and hold that pistol out there. Try some timed drills. Trigger control is king!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Any decent medium sized defense pistol should be able to shoot 3" groups at 25 YARDS! The subcompacts should be able to shoot similar sized groups at 15 YARDS! Why waste ammo at these shorter distances from the bench? Stand on your hind legs and hold that pistol out there. Try some timed drills. Trigger control is king!
    You are so correct about wasting time shooting from the bench with a CC gun.
    I do it for fun & to see how much of poor shooting is me or the gun.
    I don't have patience with a gun that doesn't shoot to POA; I don't care whose fault it is.
    I've found most guns shoot fine, some spectacularly.
    I always do at least one standing free-hand with a CC gun, but don't bother to always show that.

I shoot smaller CC guns mostly 7 yds.
    Timed drills would be a humbling reality feedback.
    I found that out shooting steel at 50 feet at large 8-10" discs.

I learned trigger control being so paramount shooting everything from micros, rifles & even air guns.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Testing:
    Trying to upload pics through cell.

Hard drive went out on my laptop and I can't upload pics saved in cmp.

1F6128AC-5ABB-4EA2-8F48-A0DC89208EB4.jpeg CAE5EAB1-F824-411F-9D5C-636602AD183F.jpeg 16F36BF4-13F8-49E2-940B-0F1F272014F0.jpeg 5947BA3D-2C85-4BD4-9C33-A8DC90ECE04D.jpeg CE5102B9-9C79-4553-A6D5-67C0E22D9B8A.jpeg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time with:
    - SW MP Shield 9 Plus
    - SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center (ported barrel & slide)
    - CZ Rami (upgraded)

I sold my Ruger Max-9 b/c
    I had a chance to buy these
    two Smith & Wesson MP Shields
    & have my usual fun of vetting them
    to see which I would keep,
    then sell the other.
    I even had a buyer for my
    CZ Rami for $800,
    but it fell through.
    1st row = Shield Plus
    2nd row = Shield Plus Performance Center
    3rd row = CZ Rami
    5 rds per 3.75" circle at 21'
    E5B3A4CF-C5E4-402D-8ECB-08E8EFDA0968.jpeg
    No matter how accurate the gun,
    I still manage to have a flyer, ha ha!

SW MP Shield 9 Plus
    50B0C6F2-32DA-4A58-82B1-BC115482F7EE.jpeg
    SW MP Shield 9 Performance Center
    4578E2EA-58DB-4F9E-AC93-95058C5A1419.jpeg
    CZ Rami
    F64BC2D8-5DBE-4636-951A-9FA9C841CE16.jpeg

4AA131D9-4B63-4F56-BE84-2BCE9168E85C.jpeg

Last edited:

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Good shooting, looks like those three are about even as far as a EDC. Put them in a bag, mix and pull one out and call it winner! Have fun, stay safe.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good shooting, looks like those three are about even as far as a EDC. Put them in a bag, mix and pull one out and call it winner! Have fun, stay safe.
    I agree!
    I actually thought about putting both Smiths up for sale
    &
    just keep the one that doesn't sell 1st, haha!
    I am reluctant to sell one of the last remaining CZ guns that I have
    but
    since I justify it by the dual purpose of a larger CC and a range gun.
    But, things have evolved beyond that now.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    My Shield Plus is the most accurate, soft-shooting really small pistol I've owned in the last decade. That includes the P365, P365XL, G43, G43X, Shield 2.0 9mm, Kahr K9, P9 and PM9 and probably a couple others I've forgotten about over the years.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got to test out the SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center today again.
    A friend wanted to buy the Shield Plus, so it's gone.
    The Shield Plus PC (Performance Center) shot 2-4 inches to the left the other day on the practice target so I had to do some Kentucky windage to get shots lined up Tuesday.
    You could tell by just looking at the rear sights that the previous owner had drifted it over to the left or it came from the factory not lined up properly.
    I drifted it back in alignment & I was fine with it today.

Ignore the "45' " written underneath: this was a target unused from the other day but at only 21'.
    5 rds per target.
    Range 11.04.2021 SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center 2nd one.jpg

Range 11.04.2021 SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center.jpg

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Got to test out the SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center today again.
    A friend wanted to buy the Shield Plus, so it's gone.
    The Shield Plus PC (Performance Center) shot 2-4 inches to the left the other day on the practice target so I had to do some Kentucky windage to get shots lined up Tuesday.
    You could tell by just looking at the rear sights that the previous owner had drifted it over to the left or it came from the factory not lined up properly.
    I drifted it back in alignment & I was fine with it today.

Ignore the "45' " written underneath: this was a target unused from the other day but at only 21'.
    5 rds per target.
    View attachment 166517

View attachment 166518
    You have that one dialed in, good shooting!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You have that one dialed in, good shooting!
    I had never "drifted" a rear sight before, only the type that had adjustments to dial in.
    Took me 6 different tool bits to find the 1/16 the fitting to fit the screw.
    Wasn't tight & I used a punch to tap it over right.
    Zachcz walked me through it since I was afraid I'd strip the screw & I know that sometimes you need a special tool to drift the rear sight over.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This was a day of no .22LR or air guns.
    First, I put rounds through my latest & favorite semi-auto CC:
    SW MP Shield 9 Plus Performance Center.

Next was my all time greatest & favorite & longest owned gun:
    CZ Shadow 2 (upgraded/The Wizard & Cerakoted/Allen).

Lastly was a few rounds with a Kahr CW9 that were not up to par.

1st, the Shield Plus PC
    Range 11.15.2021 Good.jpg

2nd, the CZ Shadow 2
    Perhaps some of my best shooting, which I needed after my dismal performance with the SW 360 Pd today.
    I was thrilled hitting the 1 3/16" circles on a rest at all distances.
    My free hand is usually lacking, so I was grateful for the 21' performance.
    Range 11.15.2021 Shadow 2 GREAT.jpg

Lastly, the Kahr CW9
    After shooting the sweet trigger of the Shield Plus PC, I couldn't adjust the to the CW9 trigger.
    I would have done another 20 rounds to tighten it up, but I have done better with every other Kahr, including this one previously, so I didn't want to burn through my precious supply of 9mm.
    Range 11.15.2021 CW9 terrible.jpg

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    673ECFE2-8CBA-4C22-B5C9-2A40FA3C0C80.jpeg
    Glad to se your still able to shoot, sell, swap, find ammo. I will retire too in another year and found some Remington .40 FMJ at the Greenwood Rural King, so I bought three boxes to take with me to Deer Camp in Michigan.
    My brother told me when I got here he wanted to sell his S&W M&P 2.0 compact (13 rd) so he could get a new Blue Label G-17/5 ($398.20 + Tax).
    What’s a big brother to do? I gave him $400 cash for it as new with two magazines.
    Everyone knows I am a Glock-40 guy, but I had brought a S&W full size (15 rd) M&P .40 to shoot.
    So top right and lower used paper dinner plate is the full size, and the top left is the new .40 compact.
    No marksman by any means, but I am happy with the results out here in the woods (Kalkaska) behind the cabin.
    I enjoy seeing your shooting attempts to find your forever final CC .
    This compact Smith reminds me of a full steel G-19/23 sized pistol.
    Will I ever sell my Glocks and just keep the two .40 Smiths…..no way, but like you I like to shoot whatever comes my way, whenever I can.
    I hope to find more .40 FMJ on my way home Friday either at the Rural King in Ft Wayne or Niles, whichever route I take back south to Fishers.
    Stay safe.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    View attachment 168021
    Glad to se your still able to shoot, sell, swap, find ammo. I will retire too in another year and found some Remington .40 FMJ at the Greenwood Rural King, so I bought three boxes to take with me to Deer Camp in Michigan.
    My brother told me when I got here he wanted to sell his S&W M&P 2.0 compact (13 rd) so he could get a new Blue Label G-17/5 ($398.20 + Tax).
    What’s a big brother to do? I gave him $400 cash for it as new with two magazines.
    Everyone knows I am a Glock-40 guy, but I had brought a S&W full size (15 rd) M&P .40 to shoot.
    So top right and lower used paper dinner plate is the full size, and the top left is the new .40 compact.
    No marksman by any means, but I am happy with the results out here in the woods (Kalkaska) behind the cabin.
    I enjoy seeing your shooting attempts to find your forever final CC .
    This compact Smith reminds me of a full steel G-19/23 sized pistol.
    Will I ever sell my Glocks and just keep the two .40 Smiths…..no way, but like you I like to shoot whatever comes my way, whenever I can.
    I hope to find more .40 FMJ on my way home Friday either at the Rural King in Ft Wayne or Niles, whichever route I take back south to Fishers.
    Stay safe.
    The new Sportsman's Warehouse in Greenwood had .40.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    You're referring to the SW MP Plus 9 PC.
    Yes, I am very pleased with this gun since I've only shot it a few rounds and it is a smooth shooter.
    Actually I was referring to the "2" target on the CZ Shawdow 2 target. That's a fantastic group!

Top Bottom