• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Outfitting with good maintained equipment gives one an advantage. For example, so many times at shooting matches today, I see cheesy neglected equipment being used by a competitor trying to place in a match. One experienced (?) shooter earned a DQ cause his holster and gun departed ways with his belt and tumbled to the ground. I am sure there was so much plastic on the ground that it looked like a recycling center. One could read the DQ as a Defensive Quandary.

This model 19 Bushmaster is my latest Randall Made Knife. https://www.randallknives.com/ It sports a 4 9/16th inch blade and a 4 1/2 inch Stag handle. No two Randall Knives are alike as they are hand forged and finished by craftsmen in Orlando Florida. This one made for me sports a wrist thong and a brass beveled butt cap. It has the matching brass hilt as well. The thumb notches are deep and distinct and are a welcoming place to place your thumb for heavy cutting. I waffled on getting this Bushmaster (Name matches all my favorite AR'S) because of the wide fish belly type of blade. But make no mistake, it handles like a dream. While my skinners are narrower blades, this nice plateau is really good for eating off of. By the way, I have never had a Randall Made that was not balanced perfectly. Just like my guns, balance is very important in field use.

The top edge is also sharpened an inch back for insertion ease. One must be careful with this tool. Pictured is the custom sheath just for this knife and with the stone pouch deleted. I prefer a cleaner presence on carrying my knives. The carbon steel holds and presents a very sharp edge and is my preference in blades. Stainless is utilitarian but carbon is real. Since I maintain my equipment, carbon in my guns and knives have never been a problem. If you order one today. you may get it by March of 2027. That in itself tells you something.

In a world of shortcuts, compromise and giving up on selling value, it is nice to see this company still around. My first visit to RMK was decades ago, but recently I had the opportunity to visit the boys again. They have a new museum, which has been moved to Bo's house. It was nice to see it all. Was even able to take a pic in front of the big tree in front of the house. Same tree pictured with Bo in the catalog. Nestled in a retired orange grove sits the family home, shop, and original house. Eighty years ago, I am sure the scenery had a nice approach to it. Once you get through the gates and go back a long lane it is peaceful enough.

The crack whores, titty bars, burned out buildings and crowded noisy streets of American residual has grown up around the property and makes one wonder how much longer they can hold out. And you thought Orlando was all Disney and pure as driven snow. Sad. If you get a chance to visit this place, ( I May have been Illegally Armed according to the State of Florida) do it. If you like to see a piece of a real American hero and his family, this is the place.

You can get good knives today for a lot less money but you will not buy one with the heritage, hearth or heart that goes into every Randall Made. As said before, good equipment give one an edge.

IMG_4010 (002).jpg
    IMG_4009 (002).jpg
    IMG_4011 (002).jpg

IMG_3873 (002).jpg
    IMG_3875 (002).jpg
    IMG_3877 (002).jpg
    IMG_3874 (002).jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I honestly didn't realize they were still being made...I know some of the early astronauts had Randall knives, I believe, on the Mercury flights, I could be wrong......
    Beautiful knife, I'll be in Florida in December, might have to make a side trip.....Carrying legal.....

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Back in the 70's my brother-in-law was the sheath maker for Randal knives. He and a retired police officer from up north made all the sheaths. Mr Randall called him Dusty because his VW Bug was always covered in dust. He even made him a personalized leather cutting knife...

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    Really beautiful knife. I have dreamed of getting a randall made for years and was actually looking at them earlier this week. Will likely be adding myself to the waiting list here real soon.

Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    love randall knifes, my grand dad got me into them years ago, he use to talk about the quality of the handle is what makes a good knife a great knife. however, when he said knife, he meant multi tool, the stuff he would do to a knife would make you cringe so hard these days. but a tool is a tool i guess

Top Bottom