• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

What do you get when you prohibit carry in all the bars, frisk people at the door, and make them go back and ditch their guns in the car? More armed criminals, of course.

The best gun shopping is in the parking lot of a GFZ. It's right up the road but I won't have anything to do with Broad Ripple anymore.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Planning a visit to HopCat in Broad Ripple with some friends. Carry is really prohibited in bars in that area? If so, will go to The Pint Room in Carmel instead.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    What do you get when you prohibit carry in all the bars, frisk people at the door, and make them go back and ditch their guns in the car? More armed criminals, of course.
    I haven't been to BR after dark in years. What bars are frisking people and telling them to take their firearms to their car?

There isn't anyplace down there worth that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I assume there is a difference between regular bar style venues and dance club/concert style venues. I would assume that hopcat wouldnt be a wand and frisk environment. But across the street The Vogue (if that place still exists) would be.

And if it is, your party can vote with its feet.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I assume there is a difference between regular bar style venues and dance club/concert style venues. I would assume that hopcat wouldnt be a wand and frisk environment. But across the street The Vogue (if that place still exists) would be.

The doorman at Conners didn't frisk me but frisked all the black folks, does that count? :laugh:

Everybody prohibits guns. I know Vogue has actual security. Not sure what the status of Roy's and Brothers and the like are, I received my lifetime supply of those places down in Bloomington.

I don't dance in clubs. Not after the backflip incident. :whistle:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Last time I went to The Vogue it was a wand only, no frisk. But that was 2017 or so.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The police, Mayor and other politicians are blaming the bars. Why don’t these idiots blame the criminals and get the police off their desk jobs and pounding the pavement in these areas and protecting the businesses and citizens from these criminals.
    Isn’t that a prime directive of the government to protect its citizens? Or have these idiots forgotten that concept?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why don’t these idiots blame the criminals and get the police off their desk jobs and pounding the pavement in these areas and protecting the businesses and citizens from these criminals.
    IMPD is over 200 officers short on its manning table. Barely anyone wants to be a police officer in Indy anymore, in contrast to years ago when you would get thousands of applicants for a few positions. What "desk jobs" are you even talking about? Do you know anything about the organizational structure of IMPD, or are you just yelling at clouds?

Isn’t that a prime directive of the government to protect its citizens?
    :):

No.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You did mean the idiot politicians in Indy told you that BS? :dunno:

No, that was not it. It came from reliable sources...

Not trying to stir anything up. Just weighing whether Indy may or may not be a destination for entertainment?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    All government bureaucracies have worthless desk jobs where the employees could be doing something important. Pushing paper across a desk or console should not be done by uniformed officers who should be policing stead of warming a chair. Hire non-officers to push paper or do jobs where an officer is not really needed. Save some money and hire more officers.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I can speak to the larger events downtown. Homeland security IMPD (when called or Needed) and several private security officers (chesterfield markleville Plainfield officers do a good job making the events safe. Parking areas close by normally safe and when you get to the walk a mile for a camel parking things can get dicey.

They tend to force the homeless (residentially challenged) underground till the mass exodus from the event. Baggers and sax players come at the end of events but normally just an eye sore: I know high exposure events like college football championships and final fours they areas are swept up pretty hand until the event is over causing the bad folks to know that chances are higher of getting caught because the po po is hot on the scent trails of the criminals.

A normal Saturday night would have a much higher car stolen/breakin record than an event night of size downtown at the large venues.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    All government bureaucracies have worthless desk jobs where the employees could be doing something important. Pushing paper across a desk or console should not be done by uniformed officers who should be policing stead of warming a chair. Hire non-officers to push paper or do jobs where an officer is not really needed. Save some money and hire more officers.

LOL

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Fascinating. Since you obviously have knowledge of the organizational structure of IMPD and know which "worthless desk jobs" are being filled by police officers, I'd like to hear your thoughts on which positions to transition to non-police personnel. How much are they paying these days to "push paper across a desk or console?"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom