• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think there is any story, publicly, on motive yet. I don't know anything about the case, so I'm calling "lover's triangle" in the betting pool.

...Sexton told police the man who shot at him was the very husband of the woman he was having an affair with.

... told police that after finishing a performance in Portland, Indiana, he contacted his “girlfriend” and asked to meet her at Northside Bar and Grill on Shadeland Avenue. While referring to her as his “girlfriend,” Sexton told police both he and the Fountaintown woman were “currently married to other people.”

Again, called it.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You sure did. That certainly seemed the most logical happening based on what we knew…

If you get shot in Indy (or, really, anywhere that's not a battlefield/terrorist event), the *strong* odds are:

1) You and/or your immediate companions are involved in the narcotics trade
    2) You and/or your immediate companions are involved in ongoing criminal activity
    3) You and/or your immediate companions are idiots "beefing" with each other over some perceived slight
    4) You and/or your immediate companions are involved in ongoing domestic/lover's squabbles.

There are outliers. Some people are truly minding their own business and trouble finds them. Most have made a series of choices that lead to the odds of them getting shot continually rising, though. Someone usually jumps in with some "victim blaming" nonsense when you point that out, but recognizing that lifestyle choices raise your risk of violent crime is not the same as saying you deserve it. Those are two independent metrics, and I'm only addressing the first.

Given I doubted "Donnie" was in on the 1 or 2, 3 and 4 seemed the most likely. Given demographics (#3 skews heavily toward youths), #4 was the most likely. I just played the odds. :D

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    If you get shot in Indy (or, really, anywhere that's not a battlefield/terrorist event), the *strong* odds are:

2) You and/or your immediate companions are involved in ongoing criminal activity
    3) You and/or your immediate companions are idiots "beefing" with each other over some perceived slight
    4) You and/or your immediate companions are involved in ongoing domestic/lover's squabbles.

There are outliers. Some people are truly minding their own business and trouble finds them. Most have made a series of choices that lead to the odds of them getting shot continually rising, though. Someone usually jumps in with some "victim blaming" nonsense when you point that out, but recognizing that lifestyle choices raise your risk of violent crime is not the same as saying you deserve it. Those are two independent metrics, and I'm only addressing the first.

Given I doubted "Donnie" was in on the 1 or 2, 3 and 4 seemed the most likely. Given demographics (#3 skews heavily toward youths), #4 was the most likely. I just played the odds. :D
    State law................I swear to God.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

That's just gosh darn good detective work.

Them: "I was just minding my own business when some dude shot at me."

Me, a stable genius: "So . . . what is your business?"

Them: "Slinging dope."

1673991826700.png

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Standing
    On
    Corner
    Minding
    Own
    Business

SOCMOB is super dangerous, just look at all the people shot while doing it.

Second to SOCMOB in chances of getting yourself shot would be screwing someone elses wife.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

5. I was in love with your avatar and wanted to meet...

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Yep. Strict adherence to the S4 rule usually alleviates any issues.

Stay away from:

1. Stupid people doing
    2. Stupid things in
    3. Stupid places at
    4. Stupid times.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I like your 1,2, and 4 but 3 really seems like catch all.

Help me out. Its like the only number 5 i can think of within 5 sec of reading your post is victim of random shooting or accident. and Random shooting most likely would be collateral damage from 1-4!

Top Bottom