• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If he was hit from the side and then the front as they passed by him, i bet there is a good chance that it was over by the time he made any decisions or actions that mattered.

Big gun, little gun, skinny pedal, sitting stationary, might all be non factors in this situation.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    It's still a thing, but Bob retired years ago and it's well passed it's prime. It's so commercial heavy I can't listen to it any longer. Broadcast radio sucks these days anyway as far as content to commercials, but even during the show there is a ton of paid advertising done live by the personalities and skits that are just little commercials. Kristi pretends to get hurt so they can recommend an employment injury lawyer sort of thing
    I don't think there is any story, publicly, on motive yet. I don't know anything about the case, so I'm calling "lover's triangle" in the betting pool.
    Would guess it may be a the top of the list, time may tell

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I could never get past the incessant cackling laughter. Made even the funniest bits annoying to listen to.

And half the time what we were hearing wasn’t nearly that funny. It felt like we were missing most of the bit due to visuals or they were just (over)easily amused.
    Same here. Tuned those guys out a lloonngg time ago. Didn't even know Bob retired until this thread.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Guess he should’ve have gone to “discount karate!”

Maybe someone was upset with the last “turdles” album!

I bet someone was trying to steal his “zubas…they’re like a crockpot for your pork!”

I could go on with all these old school bob and tom jokes!

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Don’t guess I’ve ever heard of this guy. What is it he’s being targeted for, I wonder?
    From the linked story:
    After he left, Sexton said he was attacked. He claims the attacker was his girlfriend's ex.
    "After leaving there, he just drove up right to my driver side ... and I recognized him. There's no doubt who I saw. I know who it is," Sexton told 13News.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To their credit, they did have some funny stuff. Mr Obvious had some funny bits. As well as the Love Brothers.
    But never as funny as their constant cackling would imply.
    I was listening when B&T came on the air. Back then had a lot of windshield time in central Indiana, listened every day and so did most of my customers. They had some funny stuff back then but mostly were breaking norms and getting into fights with the FCC and local authorities, and of course cackling.

I was listening the day they were booted out of the Speedway when a wet t-shirt contest went nude, the last thing I recall said was Jay Baker “and she took it all off”. Then a squeaky intern said we are back at the studio and have lost connection to the track. Tony George banned Q95 from the track for that. Any of you there for that?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a guy back in the 70s and 80s on Louisville radio, Ron Clay, now THAT guy was funny! I wasn’t aware of Bob and Tom back then, but I’ve always considered them to be cheap imitations of ol’ uncle Ron.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    From the linked story:
    After he left, Sexton said he was attacked. He claims the attacker was his girlfriend's ex.
    "After leaving there, he just drove up right to my driver side ... and I recognized him. There's no doubt who I saw. I know who it is," Sexton told 13News.
    I don't think there is any story, publicly, on motive yet. I don't know anything about the case, so I'm calling "lover's triangle" in the betting pool.

Nailed it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know I've had gfs with angry anti-social ex-bfs.

One decided to make threats on FB. I guess the gun pics didn't intimidate him. Probably the cost of gas deterred him.

Another that threatened my life and a nurses, right in front of hospital security.
    Judge released him as he "must have been stressed".

Top Bottom