• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    That's a good book. I have a pair of Beagles that remind me of the story.

Bagged a opossum the other night in the chicken yard. It's all enclosed. So how he got in is a bit of a mystery. Tough bugger. Reminded me of the need to carry hollow points.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My beagles were going nuts about 10 the other night so I spotlighted around and saw 2 pair of eyes in a tree. Went in and grabbed the .22 and was surprised at the size of the first one out. The second was the same. Both about 20# and both boars. Maybe looking for a girlfriend but they should have stayed in the woods.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Finished a job and took my trail cam back to the empty house. Well all was good until about 1145 last night. Coon walking around up there. Doesn't look to have messed with the cat food in the DP trap tho.

Ugg, I got the winter off at least.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Finished a job and took my trail cam back to the empty house. Well all was good until about 1145 last night. Coon walking around up there. Doesn't look to have messed with the cat food in the DP trap tho.

Ugg, I got the winter off at least.
    I have had good luck with mini marshmallows in the dp trap.

Also be sure nothing you care about is within their reach once trapped. I had one chew off half a fence picket and through a dog invisible fence wire overnight.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Mine is in the attic of an old house I use for storage. Hoping to get it sealed up this year but have so many projects.

The cat food might be too old? I know about the damage. One found a wire, ate thru it and died. I checked closer after that. They also destroy anything close to them for sure. Guess I would as well.

Might see if we have any mini marshmallows and give that a try. Cam hasn't picked up anything since so maybe it was just browsing.

As far as the babies go, I have another place where a female popped her litter out under the house. Wasn't aware of it. Got rid of her and then young ones started getting trapped. Finally got them all out of there as well as a couple ground hogs.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I had a big one that would work it it's way to the house and tear up the squirrel feeder at night. No more for her. 170 yd shot with the .243. It only took the buzzards 5 minutes to find it. Imagine all the flys there would be without them.

Top Bottom