• cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Damn, stabbed to death by a transient at a 76 station:

I wonder what the circumstances were? Was Bobby just getting gas? Was there some kind of argument? Panhandling? Maybe we will know more in time.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I read it as East described as a transient
    That is what it said.
    Westminster police Thursday sought the public’s help in tracking down a man accused of fatally stabbing a transient at a gas station.
    It isn't until later that it says the assailant was the transient.
    Millsap is a transient known to frequent Westminster, Garden Grove and Anaheim, police said.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    There are a lot of evil beings out there. It used to be a pan handler might ask for some change. Much more aggressive these days (to the point I had one leaning through a buddy's window trying to get at money by the gearshift at a stoplight one morning...he changed his mind when he saw a 45 on him)

Some at gas stations are extremely aggressive these days.

Gone are the days when I would look at one as somebody down on their luck...now they get viewed as a hustler and potential attacker.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just heard Bobby had been homeless for about the last three years. I knew he had been working in a sandwich shop in Avon and it sounds like it went downhill from there.

Sad end to a sad story. USAC champion to the NASCAR truck series to making sandwiches and now homeless and dead. Is a shame and I’m sure there’s lots to the rest of this story we may never know. Bobby’s father is a successful race car builder; they must have been estranged.

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Our society is crumbling.
    Lack of parenting over the last 30 years. Lack of spoken expectations for being an adult in this society and following through with punishment for those that can’t seem to “man up” and be adults living to that expectation. Also the rest of us for not demanding and actively enforcing those expectations we set.

Top Bottom