• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See this is exactly what I'm calling a chamber-o-commerce Republican. They're basically Democrats except they support government welfare for businesses. The biggest difference is that they try to give lip service to military spending and keep their NRA rating above a C. Holcomb is the poster boy. He might as well brand CoC on his forehead.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Think maybe Holcomb might actually "get" the current political environment?

...Executive Orders:

Executive Directives:

• Executive Directive Number One delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to jumpstart our economy by cutting job-killing regulations by 25 percent.
    • Executive Directive Number Two delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to restore individual freedoms and personal privacy by rescinding the vaccine mandate for all state employees...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Think maybe Holcomb might actually "get" the current political environment?

...Executive Orders:

Executive Directives:

• Executive Directive Number One delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to jumpstart our economy by cutting job-killing regulations by 25 percent.
    • Executive Directive Number Two delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to restore individual freedoms and personal privacy by rescinding the vaccine mandate for all state employees...

Huh. Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks this...

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm certainly no fan of Holcomb, but I'd still rather have Holcomb than Woody Myers among the two candidates that could've actually won the election.
    Sure, but that's not saying a lot. You're only saying I'd rather have this milder version of bad than the worse version of bad. It's still bad. Why can't we rather have someone good. Maybe we don't always have to settle for milder bad. But I get it. If it's the only choice then least bad is best you can do.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    That is indeed the difference between a true conservative and a "moderate". But a "moderate" was still by far the best choice in the 2016 and 2020 general elections. Hopefully a conservative will win the primary in 2024. It would be really nice for a governor to step on Monroe County's ridiculous mandates. Otherwise, they'll never go away.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “But his decisive victory should also signal to Republican state leaders across the country: In today’s political climate, voters are rewarding competent governance and tactical culture war offensives.”

“Too many Republican governors have taken office only to reject the concerns of the people who voted them in. Republicans, from Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb to Utah Gov. Spencer Cox to Arkansas’s Asa Hutchinson to South Dakota’s Kristi Noem, have opposed bills by their state legislatures to keep sexually confused males out of girls’ sports. (DeSantis signed the Florida legislature’s bill to do just that, signaling that Florida is “going to go off of biology, not ideology.”)”

“Holcomb shuttered church buildings and limited services to 10 people or fewer during the Covid panic.”

Top Bottom