• ...and so much more!
  • A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Hello,

I have a few firearms that I may be selling soon and I want to make sure that I don't do anything to get banned on here.
    The one I'm concerned about is a Remington Tac 13. I can hardly find any listed for sale anywhere outside of Gunbroker and they seem to be going for $2,300 on there.

They still show a MSRP at stores of around 1k, although they aren't making these anymore and I see none listed in gun stores across the country.

I'd rather not post the gun on this forum than get banned for "price gouging".

Would I be in the clear if I priced near what these are going for on gunbroker? I can even include a picture of an ended auction with the final sales price, as I have one saved that sold Sunday.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this forum!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are not pushing that rule at present unless it is obvious you are flipping/gouging. We have had a few of those along the way but in truth its really hard to judge sometimes.

List you guns. Post pics/price/location/how far you are willing to travel etc.
    Make the pics clear and post them full size please. It irritates the hell out of me when they are posted mini-pics. Take a minute and insert at full size. It is 2 more selections and clicks.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    We are not pushing that rule at present unless it is obvious you are flipping/gouging. We have had a few of those along the way but in truth its really hard to judge sometimes.

Make the pics clear and post them full size please. It irritates the hell out of me when they are posted mini-pics. Take a minute and insert at full size. It is 2 more selections and clicks.

Thank you for the quick response.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Thanks for that reply, I bookmarked it for future reference as "classifides best practice"

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Here is a site that shows some current sales:

Scroll down to the recently sold list.

Here's another site with price estimates:

If I didn't get your exact model you can refine the searches.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I seen the OP's add and chuckled a bit. He can sell for what he wants though.

I have certainly sold some items, capitalizing on market price. Buyer's were happy to have the items and they sold quick, even at what seemed a very high price.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello,

I have a few firearms that I may be selling soon and I want to make sure that I don't do anything to get banned on here.
    The one I'm concerned about is a Remington Tac 13. I can hardly find any listed for sale anywhere outside of Gunbroker and they seem to be going for $2,300 on there.

They still show a MSRP at stores of around 1k, although they aren't making these anymore and I see none listed in gun stores across the country.

I'd rather not post the gun on this forum than get banned for "price gouging".

Would I be in the clear if I priced near what these are going for on gunbroker? I can even include a picture of an ended auction with the final sales price, as I have one saved that sold Sunday.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this forum!
    Make sure you have the edit function (some users haven't been able to edit, still troubleshooting why some can and some can't) and post away. If you need to lower the price, do what you've got to do.

I am a fan of "let the market decide" and that the value of an item is in direct proportion as to what someone is willing to pay for it.

Now if you had a Ford Bronco, (to quote the late Keith Jackson) WHOA NELLIE!! Would anybody use the G-word (not Glock in this case) when the market is driving the prices? Plus, why should car dealers have all the fun? Get a bidding war started, have a 2% premium to the site for hosting and you'll get SUPREME SITE SUPPORTER FOR LIFE** status.

** I just made that up, it doesn't exist.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Other than forum rules, with which you should abide, I figure people can list for whatever. The U.S. was a free-ish market economy last time I checked. There are all kinds of things/information that get rolled into what we call the "price" of a particular item (ex. time and place utility).

For example, there's a rifle listed for $1k right now that I just can't see being worth more than $650 used. Whatever. That's between the seller and buyer IMO.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, a few people have chuckled at it.
    I sent them PM'S asking for their "expert" appraisal, so far they've gone dark. I guess hitting the "laugh" button is easier than moving on or doing research themselves.
    I didn't just pull a number out of my fourth point of contact and wish for the best, that's what I'm literally watching them sell for on GB.

I simply don't know how to post it on there and I'm not sure I want to jump through all the hoops. f2f is much more simple and I'd even give someone a better deal.

I guess time will tell.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-135043_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20211110-135043_Samsung Internet.jpg
      575.4 KB · Views: 4
    • Screenshot_20211111-072330_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20211111-072330_Samsung Internet.jpg
      507.7 KB · Views: 4
    • Screenshot_20211107-200316_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20211107-200316_Samsung Internet.jpg
      642.1 KB · Views: 4

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think the "trouble" comes when you use your job at Walmart or Dicks to buy, highly desired yet scarce, items for list price before they make it to the sales counter. Then immediately "flip" the item in the classy's at a high market price.

That may or may not be against the rules, but certainly pisses people off.

No offense to the OP, but a little piece of advice;
    If you want to be taken more seriously, in the classifieds and rest of the forum, participate in more discussions.

A lot of buyers just pass over low post count members. Some us us check post history of sellers before any trade with them. INGO is a discussion forum, with the perk of classifieds for participation, not the other way around.

If I'm gonna come meet you, for a trade with 2 grand in my pocket, I'd like to have a better understanding of who I might be dealing with. Just me...

:twocents:

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the "trouble" comes when you use your job at Walmart or Dicks to buy, highly desired yet scarce, items for list price before they make it to the sales counter. Then immediately "flip" the item in the classy's at a high market price.

We also had a few situations where, a good guy like bwframe, sells something at a good price because he wants someone on the INGO to buy it and enjoy it, but some flipper buys it at that lower than market price and then puts it right back up for sale at a higher price. That has rubbed people the wrong way a few times. Not so much now as in the early days.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

If you want to be taken more seriously, in the classifieds and rest of the forum, participate in more discussions. A lot of buyers just pass over low post count members. Some us us check post history of sellers before any trade with them. INGO is a discussion forum, with the perk of classifieds for participation, not the other way around.

Not following the Cheaper than Dirt model will lead to less hate.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne

If you want to be taken more seriously, in the classifieds and rest of the forum, participate in more discussions.

A lot of buyers just pass over low post count members. Some us us check post history of sellers before any trade with them. INGO is a discussion forum, with the perk of classifieds for participation, not the other way around.

If I'm gonna come meet you, for a trade with 2 grand in my pocket, I'd like to have a better understanding of who I might be dealing with. Just me...

I don't disagree.

I've been around since 2018 but never really got into discussions until recently.

Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom