• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been curious about Tikka rifles for a while but what stops me is their magazine. I'd rather have something that uses an AICS pattern mag. If I had to go to a chassis to make that happen, I'd prefer it to be a lighter weight folding type.

Thoughts?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Since it doesn't sound like a chassis is your preference, what is the main draw of the AICS magazine for you? Capacity? Interchangeability with other rifles? Given the price of the Tikka chassis rifle compared to a standard Tikka and a seeming lack of preference for a chassis stock, it might make the most sense to buy a standard Tikka, see if you can live with the Tikka mags(they are well made) and if not add an aftermarket stock to accept the mag of your choice.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    There is bottom metal available from Atlasworx, Grayboe and others for a Tikka CTR inlet to use AICS mags instead of TRG mags.

Otherwise, most any chassis like a KRG Bravo will use AICS mags.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since it doesn't sound like a chassis is your preference, what is the main draw of the AICS magazine for you? Capacity? Interchangeability with other rifles? Given the price of the Tikka chassis rifle compared to a standard Tikka and a seeming lack of preference for a chassis stock, it might make the most sense to buy a standard Tikka, see if you can live with the Tikka mags(they are well made) and if not add an aftermarket stock to accept the mag of your choice.

The appeal of the tikka for me is a lighter weight rifle I could use to compete with but also pound a lot of miles with on my back. My concern is getting into a proprietary magazine when I've got a small collection of magpul and AI mags. Ultimately, I'm trying to find a very accurate rifle that's under 10 # with scope that could be easy to work with mag changes with on stages.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I have a T3 Varmint 223 and Tactical 308 (16” barrel cut and threaded) if you’re looking to buy.

The KRG stocks look like the best choice to me.

Top Bottom