• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Preview pic of tomorrow's Henry Pump.
    Yes, there will be range pics tomorrow when I see how it shoots.

RfaNu68.jpg

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Lifetime membership would have been nice to know about. I could have paid that several times by now with my yearly that I have been paying. Guess Ill be checking into that further for this next year.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Lifetime membership would have been nice to know about. I could have paid that several times by now with my yearly that I have been paying. Guess Ill be checking into that further for this next year.

When I was in line and my time came up to hand in my paperwork I simply told them I wanted the Lifetime membership and the man at the table told the guy to make sure he marked that on my paperwork.
    They would take check or cash.
    I just "happened" to have the correct amount in an envelope in case they needed cash.
    Seamless.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed. It does seem like there is information that is not distributed to the wider membership, unless one either asks directly or is involved in ways besides being a member that uses the range.

I'm happy to be wrong on this if it is publicly posted and I just missed it in my reviews. I understand that there is bound to be some "inside baseball" but it also seems that all of the membership options would not be part of that insider info.

I'd probably do a lifetime if I knew I'd be grandfathered in no matter what happens with future pricing, etc and that lifetime meant lifetime. Just had never seen it as an option so figured if it did exist, it had been removed for additional members to obtain.

Don't get me wrong, I love the facility, and have been a happy member for some time. I also readily admit, I don't actively attend the monthly meeting (though I am getting to a stage in my life where if it were not for Covid-19 currently I would probably start attending as the kids are on the cusp of being out of the house etc), but it would seem that various options for membership would be a thing that would not be only discussed during meetings, but would be in the broader membership info on the website. I do pay my membership in a timely manner and have been a member for quite some time.

/rant

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed. It does seem like there is information that is not distributed to the wider membership, unless one either asks directly or is involved in ways besides being a member that uses the range.

I'm happy to be wrong on this if it is publicly posted and I just missed it in my reviews. I understand that there is bound to be some "inside baseball" but it also seems that all of the membership options would not be part of that insider info.

I'd probably do a lifetime if I knew I'd be grandfathered in no matter what happens with future pricing, etc and that lifetime meant lifetime. Just had never seen it as an option so figured if it did exist, it had been removed for additional members to obtain.

Don't get me wrong, I love the facility, and have been a happy member for some time. I also readily admit, I don't actively attend the monthly meeting (though I am getting to a stage in my life where if it were not for Covid-19 currently I would probably start attending as the kids are on the cusp of being out of the house etc), but it would seem that various options for membership would be a thing that would not be only discussed during meetings, but would be in the broader membership info on the website. I do pay my membership in a timely manner and have been a member for quite some time.

/rant

That's my beef with the way that place is ran. They have a sub-forum here. They fail miserably at using it to update us on events and rules changes.
    I know they support this site and that is greatly appreciated but come on guys.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's my beef with the way that place is ran. They have a sub-forum here. They fail miserably at using it to update us on events and rules changes.
    I know they support this site and that is greatly appreciated but come on guys.

Agreed. And I know I don't see all that they do for the membership (some of that because clearly it's not publicized and some of that due to my own level of involvement being what it is) and I definitely appreciate them and the facility, but would at least like to see the membership options at least posted on the MCF&G website. Even if it isn't for some suspect reason, it certainly seems to be when the info seems to be actively excluded from the site.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just wondering how you find out the pricing for the lifetime option. That way I could work it into the budget for renewal in January.

Someone who I was talking to about a gun (might have been my Ruger Single-Six Hunter, not sure), just happen to mention it in passing.
    I said I didn't know they had that & I had read all the material twice & hadn't seen that.
    I filed it into long-term memory & weeks later after the gun safety class & orientation when we were lined up to pay, I asked how much was the Lifetime membership & paid it.
    I waited until everyone else went through the line so I could give my back a rest, but another guy who was still in the room asked, "Lifetime membership?"

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Met a guy at MCFG today who was as talkative as I was. :)
    As I usually do, I asked if he knew about INGO & he did, and reads it but doesn't post up much.
    As we were talking, he said I reminded him of a guy on INGO who was always buying guns to try out, then selling them & he'd wanted to buy from him, but was always too late.
    We figured out that it was me! :ingo:
    When I told him doddg was my moniker, he recognized it. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Became a member tonight! Excited to start shooting as soon as our busy time at work settles down!

Good for you! :thumbsup:
    I went non-stop for 3 weeks after getting my membership, enjoying having more than 25 yds for my rifles & it has changed everything.
    I needed to pick up everything from new targets, spotting scope & new rest arrangement for my rifles.
    I've already bought 2 more rifles now that I have a place to shoot them.
    I felt pretty good about myself shooting at 25 yds, but have been humbled by 100 yds. :laugh:
    Then there is steel shooting for the pistols (as well as the rifles), which has added another dimension.

I have a new lease on enjoyment of shooting.
    But, I have to get back to some grout-grinding & other work at my son's house & my wife's been wanting me to paint an accent wall our all-white retirement house.
    All of which subtracts from the range time.:dunno:
    But, we just had our 47th wedding anniversary Monday & I want to live to see our 48th. :lmfao:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just hope I can find enough .22 and 9mm ammo to keep me shooting!

I've recently bought alot of .22LR at 10 cents instead of my usual 5 cents per round, but 9mm is a more a precious commodity, but when all this started I bought a case of 9mm at about 10 cents more per round than usual just in case what is happening happened. :dunno:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Got range time in this evening. Kind of spooky being the only person there for the first bit while I was there.

Just curious: Does anyone know how big across the round yellow target between the deer and the AQT is?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got range time in this evening. Kind of spooky being the only person there for the first bit while I was there.
    Just curious: Does anyone know how big across the round yellow target between the deer and the AQT is?

It is novel being there when noone is there.
    The color of the "yellow" target will change depending on who spray paints it last.
    I sprayed all 3 white 3 weeks ago.
    My guess on the circle is 18 inches, I'll put a tape measure to it next time I go.
    I hope to go tomorrow.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Oh no! I got to the range today & walked by the round yellow target, putting up a couple of targets for the CZ 457 Trainer I'm trying out, & I even "pinged" it a few times, but I forgot to measure it! :dunno:
    I remember thinking I should spray paint the 3 metal targets again since they need "freshened" up again.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple of questions I'd like to process about shooting at MCFG & range rules on the line.
    Please pm me.
    If you want to talk instead of type, I'll give you my cell number.

Top Bottom