• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There is value to be had for many of us from the gamut of guns you try out. We won't be getting any torture tests or longevity tests out of you, that is clear, but getting impressions from someone like yourself with a fresh pair of eyes, somewhat less cynical than many of us can be helpful.

I think that is why some of us are trying to give you some constructive feedback vs just putting you on the ignore list.

You can take the advice or not, that is your prerogative, but I think there are folks here who do want to get something from what you post, just giving you some pointers on how we think that can be best achieved. I'm guessing most of us just aren't as verbose and extroverted as you tend to be.

Hope that helps a bit.

1. Thanks, Web, I appreciate you taking the time to be helpful.
    2. I hear loud and clear what has been said through the comments I have read this evening and have been instructive and humbling to hear.
    I will take them to heart and learn from them.
    3. Criticism isn't for the faint of heart, but it is the quickest way to learn the truth about one's weaknesses and faults.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would be hesitant to sell to you as well. Back when I first started collecting and shooting I was wheeling and dealing every few months. I just couldn't keep a firearm for longer than a few months. Once I found out what I liked and wanted to spend the next 50yrs on collecting I started to only buy what I wanted. I would sell firearms if it increased my shooting pleasure such as going from a Marlin 60 to a Marlin 80/81, or if it mean trading up such as trading a LC9 for a S&W 3913 straight across.

If I'm going to sell I would want that member to enjoy that firearm not turn around and sell it off a few days later. My thing is I guess that you should probably spend some time researching firearms and history to find the ones you really want and then find members on here to see about going to the range with to try out and run them hard before buying yourself. From your threads it does kind of make you seem to be a flipper.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would be hesitant to sell to you as well. Back when I first started collecting and shooting I was wheeling and dealing every few months. I just couldn't keep a firearm for longer than a few months. Once I found out what I liked and wanted to spend the next 50yrs on collecting I started to only buy what I wanted. I would sell firearms if it increased my shooting pleasure such as going from a Marlin 60 to a Marlin 80/81, or if it mean trading up such as trading a LC9 for a S&W 3913 straight across.

If I'm going to sell I would want that member to enjoy that firearm not turn around and sell it off a few days later. My thing is I guess that you should probably spend some time researching firearms and history to find the ones you really want and then find members on here to see about going to the range with to try out and run them hard before buying yourself. From your threads it does kind of make you seem to be a flipper.

1. I deserve every word of what you have said, and appreciate your insights. :thumbsup:
    2. It was not my intention when I started out last May or my design to be a "flipper" and I hope that now that I have a bevy of certain guns that I have specifically pursued as I have gained a little but of experience, that will slow down, in fact I hope to trim some that I have and get down to "the keepers."
    Of course, noone will believe that due to my "profile," which only time will tell if I have "turned the corner."
    3. I have bought guns that I wouldn't have if I had shot them at the range more, and on the other hand, the Glock 26 as an example, when I shot it early on, it did not make the list, months later it was at the top of the list.
    4. There are guns that I have bought and kept after b/c it was an upgrade (went from a Charter Arms snubbie up to a S/W) b/c I thought the upgrade was warranted.
    5. The Ruger GP100 22LR I bought new (couldn't find used), I could not improve on, so I keep.
    I rented the SW 617 LR, and saw/felt/experienced no "upgrade" desire, and so I'll never go that direction but be content with my Ruger.

Top Bottom