• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK so i will ask this because on my short searches I have not found the answer. I was told by someone that the lifetime LTCH was going away and as a matter of fact this September. He claims this was told to him by a person that just went through getting a LTCH. They were told by the local law enforcement dept.
    So any validity to this?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    None.

Edit:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...r_issuing_lifetime_licenses_after_2012_a.html

and theres stuff in the FAQ

I heard that the lifetime LTCH won't be available anymore. Is this true?
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Doing away with the lifetime license would involve introducing and passing legislation to change the law. Currently, there are no bills in the State Legislature to amend the existing law. Whoever told you that it's going away doesn't know what they're talking about.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/politi...in_danger.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/politi...ry_permit.html

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    OK so i will ask this because on my short searches I have not found the answer. I was told by someone that the lifetime LTCH was going away and as a matter of fact this September. He claims this was told to him by a person that just went through getting a LTCH. They were told by the local law enforcement dept.
    So any validity to this?

That's BS.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Howard County by any chance?

No it came from Montgomery County Sheriffs office. I did not call them but did talk to this young man and he was pretty sure that that is what they told him. I ask a few LEO that I know and they knew nothing about it. So thought I would ask. This will make my 16 yr old daughter very happy she is very much looking forward to her 18th birthday. I don't even have to ask what she wants for it :rockwoot:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Hint: Don't ask cops what the law says. Often you find cops who think they make up the law to suit them rather than obeying it just as we do.

Heh heh, I was teaching a hunter safety course one time. In conversation with the CO over a break, he told me if you put .410 shotgun shells in a .45/.410 derringer, it became an SBS and you would be arrested. :)

In his defense, he apologized to me the next night, admitting he was wrong after some research.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Heh heh, I was teaching a hunter safety course one time. In conversation with the CO over a break, he told me if you put .410 shotgun shells in a .45/.410 derringer, it became an SBS and you would be arrested. :)

In his defense, he apologized to me the next night, admitting he was wrong after some research.

And that is fine. For one, he has no business enforcing federal infringements so we can forget the whole NFA aspect. And I also agree with the fact that no one can know all of the laws and how they apply. No one.

But if he went so far as to arrest you and charge you with a crime or even THREATEN it, I have a problem. A big one.

(I realize there is state law against SBS I just wanted to make a point for the recent machine gun / SBR / AOW debates.)

Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hint: Don't ask cops what the law says. Often you find cops who think they make up the law to suit them rather than obeying it just as we do.
    Agreed
    Also Ive been hearing the same thing for over a year now, worked with a man who "knew for a fact" it was going away because a MCSO told him so..

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP, it would take an act of the legislature to change it. As such, it would be known far and wide when the bill would be submitted in which ever side it entered the process.

Maybe a call back to the Sherrif's department to leave Mr. Casteel know that folks in his employ are disseminating false information...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This rumor has been going since the day Lifetime LTCHs have been around.
    Certain people don't like the fact that you don't have to keep begging for you right.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This rumor has been going since the day Lifetime LTCHs have been around.

To the best of my efforts I have traced it back to the Howard County Sheriff's Department Clerk who allegedly started this rumor to get out of application renewals at least she thought.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN

This is where all this came up in a hunter ed class:):
    Being a instructor puts ya on the spot :):

Top Bottom