• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If I order for more than one person to get consecutive serial numbers and pay for them then they reimburse me and pIck them up at the FFL themselves paying their own transfer fees, I haven't committed any crime or straw purchase violation have i?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    If the person who shows up to pay AND fill out the form 4473 gets the lower(s), then that would not be a straw purchase.
    [STRIKE]Payment is due upon arrival/pickup. There is no prepayment in the group buy.
    If you're wanting to reserve two consecutive lowers, one for you, and one for a buddy, then I'd check with VUPDBLUE first, but I'd like to think you could reserve two under your username.

then simply both of you show up to pay for and fill out 4473's separately[/STRIKE]

I was under the impression these were paid for upon pickup. nevermind me. :)

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If the person who shows up to pay AND fill out the form 4473 gets the lower(s), then that would not be a straw purchase.
    Payment is due upon arrival/pickup. There is no prepayment in the group buy.
    If you're wanting to reserve two consecutive lowers, one for you, and one for a buddy, then I'd check with VUPDBLUE first, but I'd like to think you could reserve two under your username.

then simply both of you show up to pay for and fill out 4473's separately

Yes huh...payment due upon arrival/pick up is the transfer fee.

Payment:Payment will be made in the form of USPS Money Order, cash, or cashier's check only. No other form of payment is going to be accepted (credit, debit, personal check, business check, any money order besides USPS). If you send me any other form of payment than the 3 accepted forms, it will be sent back and your order will be cancelled. Once you agree to purchase a receiver, I will send you a PM with where to mail payment. Payment due at this time will be for the amount of the receiver(s) only. You will be responsible for paying your chosen FFL for the transfer at the time of pick up.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yes huh...payment due upon arrival/pick up is the transfer fee.

My bad. I thought payment was due at pickup. nevermind. Best bet would be to contact vupdblue to see if you can arrange for two separate payments, but consecutive numbers in this case. no guarantees.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    A straw purchase is only illegal if they aren't allowed to have firearms. We can buy other people guns. We can buy them as gifts or pick something up for someone else when needed.

If they're doing their own 4473 then a straw purchase wouldn't come into play anyway.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If they're doing their own 4473 then a straw purchase wouldn't come into play anyway.

^ This
    It matters not who paid for it.
    The person who fills out the 4473 and takes possession, THAT'S what counts.
    Do NOT fill out a 4473, pick up the lower, and turn it over to someone else.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks guys. One more question...

I know buying 2 handguns gets special ATF treatment, is there any such thing with lowers?

Top Bottom