• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Got it buttoned up today. Hopefully the wind won't prevent me from spraying the paint on it tomorrow and the steel roofing will be ready for me to pick it up Friday morning. Hopefully I can get the exterior completed by Friday evening. The interior buildout starts next week.

KNJt5lJh.jpg

plsmfOah.jpg

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Got it buttoned up today. Hopefully the wind won't prevent me from spraying the paint on it tomorrow and the steel roofing will be ready for me to pick it up Friday morning. Hopefully I can get the exterior completed by Friday evening. The interior
    KNJt5lJh.jpg

plsmfOah.jpg
    Looks great, you should probably go ahead and add the lean two on the new construction, Lol! You will be shortly.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That turned out nice! I recently got a free shed from my daughters yard next door, and while I don’t really need it (I’ve got a 2.5 car free standing garage that we don’t park the vehicles in) I’ve been trying to come up with something cool to use it for. It’s an 8x10, with a gambrel roof. I’m thinking about adding onto the deck by the pool and maybe making it into a pool house of some sort.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Got it buttoned up today. Hopefully the wind won't prevent me from spraying the paint on it tomorrow and the steel roofing will be ready for me to pick it up Friday morning. Hopefully I can get the exterior completed by Friday evening. The interior buildout starts next week.

KNJt5lJh.jpg

plsmfOah.jpg
    Almost too nice for chickens, wanna rent it out to a human?:D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sprayed four coats of paint today and she's all ready for the roof to go on tomorrow. I believe we're going to be adding additional windows, my wife likes the look. The interior build out begins next week. Kinda gonna be bummed out once it's done, we don't have any other projects in the works unless I decide to take on building our pole barn myself. Hmmm.....

zTYusjDh.jpg

iu4eIpXh.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Nice work, if you get bored I have plenty of projects you can work on.

Throw some felt or ice and water on the new roof before the metal. Cheap insurance for if (when) a screw grommet leaks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The steel roof panels are in place and one ridge cap is mostly screwed down. That's about the end of this project for me unless I grow three more arms or until I meet someone with a hot air balloon or a helicopter. I'm cut to shreds, hot and about pissed off enough to rip it all off and burn the thing to the ground. There is no possible way for me to finish putting the ridge cap on. I can't get a grip on anything to stay in place and I need two hands to hold my position, another to hold the screw, a fourth to wield the hammer to pound the screw through the first sheet of metal and a fifth would be nice to have the driver ready to put the screw the rest of the way in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The steel roof panels are in place and one ridge cap is mostly screwed down. That's about the end of this project for me unless I grow three more arms or until I meet someone with a hot air balloon or a helicopter. I'm cut to shreds, hot and about pissed off enough to rip it all off and burn the thing to the ground. There is no possible way for me to finish putting the ridge cap on. I can't get a grip on anything to stay in place and I need two hands to hold my position, another to hold the screw, a fourth to wield the hammer to pound the screw through the first sheet of metal and a fifth would be nice to have the driver ready to put the screw the rest of the way in.
    You need Vishnu...

1686340541666.png

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You have a tractor. Get a rope and tie it off to your waist. Get a kid to position the tractor so you can do what you need to do.

Otherwise open that extendable ladder and lay it on the roof. Put a stake in the ground to keep it from sliding and do what you have to do.

I spent years pre OSHA inspection to get things done.

If need be I can run the tractor for you. I like you and all but I am not getting up on your roof.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You have a tractor. Get a rope and tie it off to your waist. Get a kid to position the tractor so you can do what you need to do.

Otherwise open that extendable ladder and lay it on the roof. Put a stake in the ground to keep it from sliding and do what you have to do.

I spent years pre OSHA inspection to get things done.

If need be I can run the tractor for you. I like you and all but I am not getting up on your roof.
    :lmfao:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Got the roof finished today. Pulled my truck up next to the coop, propped the base of the ladder in the bed and matched the angle of the roof which allowed me to get into position and finally finish it. A little redneck for sure but it worked. The exterior is pretty well finished other than the chicken door which I'll modify when we reconfigure the interior here soon.

I'm rarely thrilled with my work but the wife's happy so I'm happy.

w2S83g2h.jpg

a3enadBh.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got the roof finished today. Pulled my truck up next to the coop, propped the base of the ladder in the bed and matched the angle of the roof which allowed me to get into position and finally finish it. A little redneck for sure but it worked. The exterior is pretty well finished other than the chicken door which I'll modify when we reconfigure the interior here soon.

w2S83g2h.jpg

a3enadBh.jpg
    So you basically followed @dudley0 's advice? :): But seriously, that looks great!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

w2S83g2h.jpg

a3enadBh.jpg
    Looks good

Top Bottom