• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Got the roof finished today. Pulled my truck up next to the coop, propped the base of the ladder in the bed and matched the angle of the roof which allowed me to get into position and finally finish it. A little redneck for sure but it worked. The exterior is pretty well finished other than the chicken door which I'll modify when we reconfigure the interior here soon.

I'm rarely thrilled with my work but the wife's happy so I'm happy.

w2S83g2h.jpg

a3enadBh.jpg

All that money and it looks great do yourself a favor get the omlette auto chicken door thank me later it is amazing, better than sliced bread.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Got the roof finished today. Pulled my truck up next to the coop, propped the base of the ladder in the bed and matched the angle of the roof which allowed me to get into position and finally finish it. A little redneck for sure but it worked. The exterior is pretty well finished other than the chicken door which I'll modify when we reconfigure the interior here soon.

I'm rarely thrilled with my work but the wife's happy so I'm happy.

w2S83g2h.jpg

a3enadBh.jpg
    Happy to see you finished it and not only did you stay safe, but I didn't have to come over and run the tractor.

Later on in life when you decide you want to get even crazier I can set you up with my aluminum brake and you can start wrapping, adding soffit and really dump a ton of money into a chicken hobby. Those hens don't know how good they have it!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Final(ish) update on the coop. Got the interior finished up and (mostly) painted. Just a few more gallons of Killz and it'll be done. Oh yeah, except for extending the lean to as another member predicted lol.

My wife wanted these elevated shelves to hold sand with the roosts above it to make cleaning things easier. She's really happy with it now which means I'm happier too.

8OB37R4h.jpg

AwQuob7h.jpg

The chicken hospital
    gTXjHovh.jpg

My solution for an improved door system. I used some channel strut and a piece of glued up pine which I'll be painting soon as well.
    vBIcS4Ih.jpg

Top Bottom